What AFL team is 'Australia's team'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Except the Cowboys don't seem to have a problem with non-white players.

I've never heard Jerry Jones say: ''As long as they conduct themselves like white people, well, off the field, everyone will admire and respect … As long as they conduct themselves like human beings, they will be all right. That's the key.''
Collingwood don't have a problem with non-white players either

I've never heard Jerry Jones say: ''As long as they conduct themselves like white people, well, off the field, everyone will admire and respect … As long as they conduct themselves like human beings, they will be all right. That's the key.''
Is that the same Jerry Jones that had to apologise in 2013 for making racist comments ?

The comments you have quoted are disgusting and inexcusable but I think you will find attitudes and times have changed at all Clubs in the last 25 years.

What’s your issue with the Irish then?

Because Collingwood hatred basically stems from good old fashioned anti Irish sentiment by the English

So going by your logic if you hate Collingwood you hate Irish people

Bigot

Is that the same Jerry Jones that had to apologise in 2013 for making racist comments ?

The comments you have quoted are disgusting and inexcusable but I think you will find attitudes and times have changed at all Clubs in the last 25 years.

What club was it again that the Swans were playing against where Adam Goodes got racially abused by a 13yo? Can you remind me please?

I don’t think there is one Australia team per sae it probably depends on who is the biggest or more dominant club that represents the area you are moving into at the time as it stands atm

W.A. West Coast

NSW Sydney or GWS

SA - Adelaide

QLD would still say Sydney especially for areas like Brisbane and the Gold Coast that are still fairly close to nsw

VIC I would say Richmond or Collingwood
It's quite easily Essendon and Collingwood. Richmond are heavily supported in inner east/south suburbs right to the outer eastern suburbs. Otherwise, they are moderately supported elsewhere. You're not going to find a large number of Richmond supporters in the northern or western suburbs. Essendon and Collingwood are popular right across Victoria. It doesn't matter where you go, you'll find them.

What’s your issue with the Irish then?

Because Collingwood hatred basically stems from good old fashioned anti Irish sentiment by the English

So going by your logic if you hate Collingwood you hate Irish people

Bigot

Well if Collingwood is a team solely for the Irish... then it is hardly Australia's team.

It's quite easily Essendon and Collingwood. Richmond are heavily supported in inner east/south suburbs right to the outer eastern suburbs. Otherwise, they are moderately supported elsewhere. You're not going to find a large number of Richmond supporters in the northern or western suburbs. Essendon and Collingwood are popular right across Victoria. It doesn't matter where you go, you'll find them.

I know for a fact Richmond have a massive following in the northern suburbss

I think this happened within the past 25 years...

Correct me if I'm wrong...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no equivalent. No team is Australia's team. Any decent fan loves their team and hates the rest. Occasionally I like seeing the upset. Having the loser, downtrodden team get a win. It's more about seeing another team lose, rather than celebrating another teams win.
Yep ideally every other team but your own loses every game.

You’ve derailed your own thread.

Not at all. Merely proved that Collingwood could never qualify as 'Australia's team'.

While Collingwood supporters may consider Australia as a 'whites only' land...

''As long as they conduct themselves like white people, well, off the field, everyone will admire and respect … As long as they conduct themselves like human beings, they will be all right. That's the key.''

The rest of us disagree...

Not at all. Merely proved that Collingwood could never qualify as 'Australia's team'.

While Collingwood supporters may consider Australia as a 'whites only' land...

''As long as they conduct themselves like white people, well, off the field, everyone will admire and respect … As long as they conduct themselves like human beings, they will be all right. That's the key.''

The rest of us disagree...
I repeat, you have derailed your own thread and just continue to increasingly do so.

I know so many Richmond supporters in the North. Everyone is either Collingwood or Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back