Society/Culture What are parents doing these days to help their child’s cognitive development?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think any education professional would say there is only one way to learn, would they? I can't imagine trying to tap out any sort of detailed notes on my slow old black and white Kindle.
There's no one way, but I can tell you there's a heck of a lot of wrong ways to do it. And some of them are core principles of the education system.

teach then about the 'world above'.. swe are all highly allowed to pontificate on how our parents did us wrong..

I think there's a responsibility to develop children with regard to adversity and how to be resilient and overcome it, because for all the disneyland crap that swarms around them they will definitely have to encounter it at many times throughout their life..

In fact, I think it's negligent to do otherwise.

We encourage people to exert themselves with aerobic and strength training & development, so why should social and psychological factors be any different?

Wokeism runs counter to these principles and is ultimately going to take a lot of ill prepared people down with it.

I think there's a responsibility to develop children with regard to adversity and how to be resilient and overcome it, because for all the disneyland crap that swarms around them they will definitely have to encounter it at many times throughout their life..

In fact, I think it's negligent to do otherwise.

We encourage people to exert themselves with aerobic and strength training & development, so why should social and psychological factors be any different?

Wokeism runs counter to these principles and is ultimately going to take a lot of ill prepared people down with it.

I think there is middle ground needed.
Every kid I know (especially mine) is as soft as warm butter compared to how I was at the same age.
They are wrapped up in cotton wool and coddled in the extreme.

However, this is not necessarily a bad thing.

At the age of 8 or 9 I remember going on a 'bottle drives' to raise money for school/sporting club etc where a half dozen of us kids go door to door begging old drunks for their emptys which we would proceed to fill a trailer which one of our dads was slowly towing down the street.
We would then all pile onto the back said trailer which was by now full with a half ton of glass and hold on tight for the half hour drive to the recycling depot.

I think there is middle ground needed.
Every kid I know (especially mine) is as soft as warm butter compared to how I was at the same age.
They are wrapped up in cotton wool and coddled in the extreme.

However, this is not necessarily a bad thing.

At the age of 8 or 9 I remember going on a 'bottle drives' to raise money for school/sporting club etc where a half dozen of us kids go door to door begging old drunks for their emptys which we would proceed to fill a trailer which one of our dads was slowly towing down the street.
We would then all pile onto the back said trailer which was by now full with a half ton of glass and hold on tight for the half hour drive to the recycling depot.

Of course the application of adversity to developing kids needs to be well considered & applied appropriately.

I recently asked my mum about some primary aged kids over in my street that never seem to be at school. She works there so was able to look up their attendance this year, since May four kids with 12%, 6%, 2% and 0%. How is this allowed to happen? Both sets of parents don't work, Centrelink payments should be looked at if you can't get your kids to school at least 80% ofthe time.

It’s quite common, sadly there are many students that rarely attend school because their parents don’t value education, or they have a sick dependence on them - for example they lie in bed all day and get them to bring them food etc. The result is messed up kids.

It should be a crime to do this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back