What are some of your personally favourite things fans say when you go to the footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

'Get your hair out of your eyes' to a bald umpire is always a classic.

There's nothing better than going to the footy and being near a frustrated stand-up comedian who is gonna use all of his material.

What I wouldn't give for a seat near a frustrated stand-up comedian using all his material. The one who sits near me prefers to just come up with one joke and repeat it 100 times.

"Why are you kicking it backwards??"

You'd let that go on the couch, but not at the game when it's there for all to see why they're kicking it backwards.

So amusing listening to morons like that, they actually can't work out the oppo has a press on and are defending space.

'That's why they're kicking backwards you poor excuse for an inanimate object!'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Put a leash on that f*****!'

'The optometrist called ump, said you left your glasses'

'Grab him!'

'Couldn't get a kick in a stable!' (insert player name)

'Don't you know what a footy is?' (insert player name)

'You forgot your (insert oppo team) jumper ump'

Back in the Subi days there was this woman who would always scream “STAY DOWWWWN ONE OF YA!’ when there would be a marking contest involving more than 1 Eagle. Every single time.

She also used to shout at players to kick to Mark LeCras a lot with an amazingly shrill ‘LECRAS! LECRAS! LECRAS!’....which sounded very much like a seagull. Much unintentional hilarity that would often make the block giggle.

"There's 2 of you. Shepherd for him."
Never works, just someone waiting for a cheap stat while his teammate gets tackled and turns the ball over.

Family has always lived in the Claremont area so used to go see Perth or Claremont whenever they played down at South Freo mid 70s early 80s, the old south supporting veggie growers wives, 60 and 70 year olds that would scream stuff like, "kill em Bazil" or "rip is ed of Delmenico" with so much hate it was amazing, the death stares they gave us kids that wore opposition jumpers used to scare the sh!te out of us.

aurgghhhhhhhhhh dOnt gO BaCKwerDs groannnnn, usually a boomer does this.

10 seconds later they celebrate inside 50 mark by JK or Darling.

I reckon the funniest I ever heard was when Paul Salmon was having a bad day, "Salmon your the fish that John West rejects".

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back