Footy Developments in NSW and Queensland

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the total distribution (in millions) of funding since 2005.

St Kilda 192.9
Western B 191.8
Brisbane 182.4
Nth Melbourne 179.9
Melbourne 172.5
Carlton 159.3
Port 157.0
Sydney 155.3
Richmond 154.8
Essendon 153.2
Collingwood 153.2
GWS 146.5
Hawthorn 146.3
Geelong 145.3
Gold Coast 142.4
Fremantle 136.5
Adelaide 135.9
West Coast 134.5

Did you get that from the annual reports?

The raw distributions can be misleading as they include things like AFL member distributions which are essentially the AFL giving clubs 25% of the revenue they get from premium members they steal from the clubs. Also prize money

The key thing is, even if the substantial investment this last decade exceeds the short term increase in TV and sponsorship revenues, that is money that is largely just going to paying salaries that would have just gone to a few less people in the traditional areas.

I stay out of the Non-AFL discussion thread because even though I can put a certain soccer fan (who shall remain nameless) on ignore, the thread is full of people replying to that poster's nonsense and I don't want to have to put them all on ignore too. Disappointing that this thread seems to have followed the same pattern. At what point should we stop feeding trolls and just ignore them en masse?

Not sure what you mean.

I was replying to NoobPie
"A decent portion of the population of Moreton Bay Region can get to Brisbane quicker than Redcliffe."

This comment is clearly not the case.

That clearly is the case. It is a perfectly accurate statement. That perfect skewed the delusion that a team in redcliffe would become the team of morton bay

I demonstrated it by showing one such place in Morton Bay Region - Everton Hills - where you can get to Suncorp in half the time you can get to Dolphins by car. So anywhere up to 10 minutes closer to Redcliffe than Everton Hills would still be closer to Suncorp.

I stay out of the Non-AFL discussion thread because even though I can put a certain soccer fan (who shall remain nameless) on ignore, the thread is full of people replying to that poster's nonsense and I don't want to have to put them all on ignore too. Disappointing that this thread seems to have followed the same pattern. At what point should we stop feeding trolls and just ignore them en masse?

I reckon when a troll doesn't provide such easy sport. I am still not ruling out the "certain soccer fan" might actually be a football fan pretending to be a deluded soccer / league fan. That's how embarrassing most of the contributions are.

Ultimately it is up to the mods to put bans on trolls. I have no problem with people contributing who don't much follow the game this forum is dedicated to but if they behave like the mongs at four four two or league unlimited the mods should just permanently ban them

I reckon when a troll doesn't provide such easy sport. I am still not ruling out the "certain soccer fan" might actually be a football fan pretending to be a deluded soccer / league fan. That's how embarrassing most of the contributions are.

Ultimately it is up to the mods to put bans on trolls. I have no problem with people contributing who don't much follow the game this forum is dedicated to but if they behave like the mongs at four four two or league unlimited the mods should just permanently ban them
Looks like another thread I might have to stop reading, then.

That clearly is the case. It is a perfectly accurate statement. That perfect skewed the delusion that a team in redcliffe would become the team of morton bay

I demonstrated it by showing one such place in Morton Bay Region - Everton Hills - where you can get to Suncorp in half the time you can get to Dolphins by car. So anywhere up to 10 minutes closer to Redcliffe than Everton Hills would still be closer to Suncorp.
Welcome to most big cities. Here in Sydney somebody in most parts of Western Sydney have easier time getting to cbd than other parts of Western Sydney certainly by train. Ground 1/2 hour away is pretty great - not to mention location of suncorp

I said nothing Chairman of swans hasn't. Too bad if you don't like it.

Most of what is posted here is just negative stuff about other codes. If you're waiting for other sports to fall doesn't say much about product

Welcome to most big cities. Here in Sydney somebody in most parts of Western Sydney have easier time getting to cbd than other parts of Western Sydney certainly by train. Ground 1/2 hour away is pretty great - not to mention location of suncorp

Melbourne is a much bigger city than Brisbane.

The point is, no non-moron sporting competition would, say, put a team in tarneit and expect people in St Albans to support them just because they both exist in some sub-region of a metropolis.....Particularly, given people in St Albans can get to the bigger show in better stadiums in the city itself.

Melbourne is a much bigger city than Brisbane.

The point is, no non-moron sporting competition would, say, put a team in tarneit and expect people in St Albans to support them just because they both exist in some sub-region of a metropolis.....Particularly, given people in St Albans can get to the bigger show in better stadiums in the city itself.
Nothing like that - Redcliffe admin center of area. Try putting team in Dandenong to represent south east

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing like that - Redcliffe admin center of area. Try putting team in Dandenong to represent south east

Redcliffe is neither the geographic centre of the area or the "admin center"

At least Dandenong is in the centre of a vague area. If you are talking about "plastic soccer fc" that some franchise bid has claimed some vague region as a "catchment zone" it would still be a joke

Have the Private owners of the new soccer team started on the Stadium at Tarneit yet?
And how much of the Wyndham Council ratepayers money is being put in apart from the free land granted?

You conveniently chose the closest suburb on the southern border to use as an argument

Why not use Bribie Island, Donnybrook, Caboolture (largest population and has about 8,000 more than Redcliffe), Morayfield, Woodford, Beerburrum the list is endless.
Most places and population live closer to Redcliffe than Brisbane CBD

You conveniently chose the closest suburb on the southern border to use as an argument

Why not use Bribie Island, Donnybrook, Caboolture (largest population and has about 8,000 more than Redcliffe), Morayfield, Woodford, Beerburrum the list is endless.
Most places and population live closer to Redcliffe than Brisbane CBD

Because I was just demonstrating that a "decent portion" do. So, yes, it was very convenient because it proved my point!

Last edited:

Most of what is posted here is just negative stuff about other codes. If you're waiting for other sports to fall doesn't say much about product
This thread was actually getting some really good information and analysis around Rugby League's attempts to bring in another Brisbane team, because of their concerns over the AFL's continued growth in SE QLD and lack of their own growth in the same areas. The only negativity that's come into the thread has come from you, to be perfectly honest. Just settle it down a bit and I'm sure you'll be able to contribute to the thread rather than smashing it to pieces.

Ironic given the amount of, "AFL is going to die, football will take over". And, "cannot wait until AFL and NRL fade away", posts that infested virtually every thread of Four Four Two for years, and not just on threads relating to other codes, but virtually every sport industry related thread.

What does it say of the average soccer fans belief in the A league that they thought other codes would need to die for them to prosper.

What does it say that they saw the destruction of other codes as something to be hoped for, for its own sake, irrespective of it's affect on the A league.

Haven't seen anyone here saying they foresee, or would enjoy, the NRL or A league being destroyed.

I don't enjoy all sports, but I have never wished for a sports demise, can you say the same?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ironic given the amount of, "AFL is going to die, football will take over". And, "cannot wait until AFL and NRL fade away", posts that infested virtually every thread of Four Four Two for years, and not just on threads relating to other codes, but virtually every sport industry related thread.

What does it say of the average soccer fans belief in the A league that they thought other codes would need to die for them to prosper.

What does it say that they saw the destruction of other codes as something to be hoped for, for its own sake, irrespective of it's affect on the A league.

Haven't seen anyone here saying they foresee, or would enjoy, the NRL or A league being destroyed.

I don't enjoy all sports, but I have never wished for a sports demise, can you say the same?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well said

Remove this Banner Ad

Back