What are the chances of Turnbull v Abbott III happening this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
With PM Malcolm Turnbull lurching from one major stuff up to another (ie Census, Centrelink, Sussan Ley apartment fiasco), what are the chances of Turnbull facing another leadership challenge against Tony Abbott this year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So once Tones becomes our PM again (can't wait). Why wouldn't at least 1 of the useless independents a holding clutch seat simply switch to labor? There's like 5 of them and their preferences were borderline during the election only 6 months ago.

So once Tones becomes our PM again (can't wait). Why wouldn't at least 1 of the useless independents a holding clutch seat simply switch to labor? There's like 5 of them and their preferences were borderline during the election only 6 months ago.
I don't think I quite follow you there? Why are you having a go at independents? The coalition hold a majority of seats in the lower house, you would need a couple of the more moderate liberals to go independent and not guarantee supply in Abbott was to become prime minister once more.

I don't think I quite follow you there? Why are you having a go at independents? The coalition hold a majority of seats in the lower house, you would need a couple of the more moderate liberals to go independent and not guarantee supply in Abbott was to become prime minister once more.

Or Turnbull to quit and have a miraculous bi-election result.

With PM Malcolm Turnbull lurching from one major stuff up to another (ie Census, Centrelink, Sussan Ley apartment fiasco), what are the chances of Turnbull facing another leadership challenge against Tony Abbott this year?

Non existent. Even the wackos know Abbott is cooked. Rudd was relatively popular which was why they brought him back to save the furniture. Maybe they'll turn to Bishop but many are still pissed at her over the abbott knifing. Maybe Morrison but why would he want the job if it comes to that.

Surely the far right section of the liberal party know Abbott won't win an election?
Neither will Turnbull at this point. The only reason they haven't had a challenge is because no one else is suicidal enough to want the job only Turnbull had a big enough ego to want to be PM no matter the cost in reputation and longevity.

Non existent. Even the wackos know Abbott is cooked. Rudd was relatively popular which was why they brought him back to save the furniture. Maybe they'll turn to Bishop but many are still pissed at her over the abbott knifing. Maybe Morrison but why would he want the job if it comes to that.
If they turn to Bishop it will be with the goal of killing her career. Morrison is too gutless and would only want the job if he was sure of victory at the polls.

They're cooked regardless.
The coward coming back would just make it worse , the reverse of what happened when Rudd did it lol.

Dat ingrained petulance will get the better of him though , you watch.

If they turn to Bishop it will be with the goal of killing her career. Morrison is too gutless and would only want the job if he was sure of victory at the polls.

Who's left
That's why Mal's trolled everyone perfectly by surrounding himself with buffoons.

I still think at the heart of the Liberal government 2013- is the hubris shown in opposition, they were better at everything according to Abbott. They had a Labor government on it's knees, a very friendly press, and yet still stunt boy shot his mouth off, a prime example of this is his election night no cuts promise, he didn't need to do that. What he should have done is what Labor are doing now, and sit back with the popcorn. It was a successful campaign, but unnecessary, and Abbott created an expectation that the Libs were incapable of delivering on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think at the heart of the Liberal government 2013- is the hubris shown in opposition, they were better at everything according to Abbott. They had a Labor government on it's knees, a very friendly press, and yet still stunt boy shot his mouth off, a prime example of this is his election night no cuts promise, he didn't need to do that. What he should have done is what Labor are doing now, and sit back with the popcorn. It was a successful campaign, but unnecessary, and Abbott created an expectation that the Libs were incapable of delivering on.

As said before, RAbbott in opposition had an approach of relentless attack on Labour. Thats all he did. He may have had an idea of how he wanted Australia to be under him. You know, everyone going to church, hating welfare recipients, hating immigrants or non WASPS etc. But worse is that he had no real plan of how to lead.
Clearly he still doesnt get it. People want inspiration, a positive direction for themselves & the country. Its beyond the likes of RAbbott, ABortz & the rest of that scummy self impressed ratbag lot of happy clappers.

Surely the far right section of the liberal party know Abbott won't win an election?

Canberra has become an incestuous cesspool of ego, hubris and self-preservation on all sides of politics. In a way it always has been, but when you thrown in donors, lobbyists and the psychotic 24-hour news cycle, we end up with what we have today.

With the Rudd-Gillard-Rudd and now Abbott-Turnbull-Abbott bullsh*t it's pretty clear that proposing a vision for the nation is not in either party's best interest. They are in it for the circlejerk and the ego.

Canberra has become an incestuous cesspool of ego, hubris and self-preservation on all sides of politics. In a way it always has been, but when you thrown in donors, lobbyists and the psychotic 24-hour news cycle, we end up with what we have today.

With the Rudd-Gillard-Rudd and now Abbott-Turnbull-Abbott bullsh*t it's pretty clear that proposing a vision for the nation is not in either party's best interest. They are in it for the circlejerk and the ego.

Should we drain the swamp?
:)

Should we drain the swamp?
:)
I didn't want to post this because i don't want to admit i used to play magic, the gathering but

tumblr_ojfsqd0mFh1ugt2xio1_1280.jpg

No such thing as "Drain the Swamp" the nature of the industry and money which can be made means there will always be those types who gravitate towards and sneak in

If Pauline can keep One Nation under control she'll start seeing more representation federally.

As will Xenophon and other minor parties.

I cannot see Abbott challenging Turnbull, I think Abbott is the stalking horse for another candidate, give it 6 months, Turnbull is starting to whiff, but is yet to stink.

If Pauline can keep One Nation under control she'll start seeing more representation federally.

As will Xenophon and other minor parties.
she needs candidates which will last longer then a month before they do something stupid. Outspoken nutters are unfortunately going to say some incredibly stupid things. Ie- honosexuals need medical intervention like Ms Lim claims

Could the Liberals look at asking Julie Bishop to be a candidate for the leadership of the party (and also being PM) if there was a leadership spill, seeing the Liberals doesn't want to go back to Abbott or Turnbull, in an attempt to 'save the furniture?'

Could the Liberals look at asking Julie Bishop to be a candidate for the leadership of the party (and also being PM) if there was a leadership spill, seeing the Liberals doesn't want to go back to Abbott or Turnbull, in an attempt to 'save the furniture?'

Any new leader would have to call a snap election to gain the most benefit out of the change. Gillard held off too long and only held onto government with the help of crossbenchers, Rudd went straight into one and did as well as expected, Turnbull held off until he could clean out the senate and what would have been one of the biggest landslides in recent memory (and a huge mandate for his moderate ideals) instead laid bare his inability to stand by his principles for all the public to see and he only scraped in by the skin of his teeth.

With that in mind, the sad reality for the coalition is a new leader now still wouldn't be enough to maintain government even if a snap election was called and it will only get worse. With that in mind you would need someone willing to take the poisoned chalice just to say for one brief moment they were prime minister before fading into oblivion...may I present this March, Prime Minister Kevin Andrews.

Any new leader would have to call a snap election to gain the most benefit out of the change. Gillard held off too long and only held onto government with the help of crossbenchers, Rudd went straight into one and did as well as expected, Turnbull held off until he could clean out the senate and what would have been one of the biggest landslides in recent memory (and a huge mandate for his moderate ideals) instead laid bare his inability to stand by his principles for all the public to see and he only scraped in by the skin of his teeth.

With that in mind, the sad reality for the coalition is a new leader now still wouldn't be enough to maintain government even if a snap election was called and it will only get worse. With that in mind you would need someone willing to take the poisoned chalice just to say for one brief moment they were prime minister before fading into oblivion...may I present this March, Prime Minister Kevin Andrews.

He's the only option i can envision.
He's basically the Coward with an edit button between brain and tongue.

Still a wacko churchy kent though.....

THEY'RE COOOOOOOKED
The salty coward supporters should be on their knees thanking the chairman for giving them 4 more years , but alas , all we see from them is dat trademark petulance*.

* - when they're not busy pointing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back