Prediction What are the odds one of Schoenmakers, Fitzpatrick or Spangher plays a role in September?

Which if any of these guys will make it back by the business end?

• Schoenmakers will be part of our finals campaign

• Fitzpatrick will be part of our finals campaign

• Spangher will be part of our finals campaign

• None of them will play in September

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

A question for you all:

When was the last time a players came into a finals series, having not played for twenty weeks, and had some impact in that series?

Answer: never when Dermott Brereton kicked five on debut against north melbourne in 1982.

Let's face it. If any of these three suited up for September, they'd be little more than witches hats.

And as far as Fitzpatrick is concerned, the jury is still out on him, even with a good run.

Fixed.

A question for you all:

When was the last time a players came into a finals series, having not played for twenty weeks, and had some impact in that series?

Answer: never

Let's face it. If any of these three suited up for September, they'd be little more than witches hats.

And as far as Fitzpatrick is concerned, the jury is still out on him, even with a good run.

Yeah chances are they would be but TOB is already a witches hat and he has been playing all year, so if Shoey gets through a couple of games at Box Hill I'd be bringing him in for TOB.

If you look at last year then Suckling was the sub and perhaps Schoe was next in line if we had better players to come in. All the squad were solid, proven campaigners. This year we are back with the pack because youngsters like Sicily, O'Brien, Brand, Heatherley, O'Rourke are playing plus a few players like Langford and Whitecross.

Given the last three GF's we have won with a proven, experienced squad and the last three GF's the teams against us have crumbled then I am hoping either Schoe or Spangher can make a contribution come finals time. They should have just enough time to have a shot at it especially with the week off after the regular season.

Fitzgerald wasn't getting a regular game at the Demons so not sure what sort of impact he could have...

Fitzgerald wasn't getting a regular game at the Demons so not sure what sort of impact he could have...

Pretty sure that's because he didn't exist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TV: After the game to Fitz:

"ever played finals before?"

"Mate, this is my first win"

I'm off the Vickerey idea now. Pittonet also: moves like Robbie Campbell

Back