What are the question marks over your team in 2022?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Hawthorn supporters are sounding like Melbourne supporters when we were sh*t.

You'd think they'd know what quality was because they've had the good fortune to see enough of it. But in some bizarro world they're trying to make chumps sound like champs.

Hawks fans have enjoyed amazing success over a long period of time. On field results and off field in attracting established talent. But this current list is in rebuild and is a shadow of what it was when winning multiple flags.

It will take time for fans to.....well.....temper their expectations. ;) :thumbsu:

Splitting hairs is all you are doing.

And totally over rating the quality of the talls down back.

Facts are Sicily is not a KP defender.

And very likely he will take time to come back from that serious knee injury. So I would hesitate banking on him playing his previous best footy in 2022.

The fact is DGB is still a kid at 19 and he will take years before he develops enough and leads the Hawthorn backline.

That leaves a couple of battlers to hold the line in 2022.

NOT hard to understand if you open both eyes.
Correcting your posts is not splitting hairs.

Fact: McEvoy is not our key defender as you posted.

Fact: McEvoy is our first ruck, who will be splitting time with Reeves and Lynch.

Fact: Sicily is a key defender, as per his position and who he picks up from the opposition. He can’t pick up Tom Lynch, Joe Daniher and be named at CHB each week, but then only be seen as a flanker.

Fact: We all know DGB is 19, no one has said otherwise.

All that you’ve done is come in here and say really dumb stuff like “Hawthorn only have McEvoy and Frost as key defenders” or “Hawthorn only have a Collingwood reject as a ruck” and then you’ve backpedalled and pretended like Hawthorn supporters are talking up their team when you’ve been corrected each time.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Your key position stocks are pretty bad. I would take McKay, Corr and Walker over Frost, Hartigan and DGB every day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
McKay is a good player, DGB is more talented.

Walker LOL, get off me Hartigan is miles head and Corr is decent but Frost is better.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sicily height I checked on the Hawks AFL page. I thought he was 188cm at least.

Either way he,s a third tall like Howe at the Pies. Not KPP.

And I presume you aren't denying he,s coming back from a serious knee inury.

So nothing you posted supports the claim that the Hawks talls down back have quality depth. D GB will likely be very good but at 19 he has years to go before reaching his best.

2022 Hawks will find it tough down back against half decent opposition.
You can check all you want, he's as tall as Scrimshaw. Who is 193cm.

He's played CHB before, he has defended Tom Lynch before (a key forward) and done it well while still doing his normal role.

He doesn't rely on his athleticsm, so it won't affect him as much as it might someone like Impey who is a runner.

LOL..

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
You can check all you want, he's as tall as Scrimshaw. Who is 193cm.

He's played CHB before, he has defended Tom Lynch before (a key forward) and done it well while still doing his normal role.

He doesn't rely on his athleticsm, so it won't affect him as much as it might someone like Impey who is a runner.

LOL..

He must still be growing.....
Probably hit 200cm when he is 40 years old.

Well either Scrimshaw is not 193 or Sicily isn't 186 or whatever it was.

Because they are similar heights.

Do you have question marks over the Hawks prospects this year? Would you care to nominate your top 5 concerns?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Correcting your posts is not splitting hairs.

Fact: McEvoy is not our key defender as you posted.

Fact: McEvoy is our first ruck, who will be splitting time with Reeves and Lynch.

Fact: Sicily is a key defender, as per his position and who he picks up from the opposition. He can’t pick up Tom Lynch, Joe Daniher and be named at CHB each week, but then only be seen as a flanker.

Fact: We all know DGB is 19, no one has said otherwise.

All that you’ve done is come in here and say really dumb stuff like “Hawthorn only have McEvoy and Frost as key defenders” or “Hawthorn only have a Collingwood reject as a ruck” and then you’ve backpedalled and pretended like Hawthorn supporters are talking up their team when you’ve been corrected each time.

Fact.You are over rating McEvoy, Frost, DGB and Sisily. Compared to other sides those talls are nothing to get excited about at all. DGB has great potential.

I said McEvoy played defense and he did. In 2020 before being recalled to the ruck. So sorry my statement was out by 12 months. ,(THAT is splitting hairs)

Eagles have Rotham at 193cm who plays on talls and smalls. Rotham is not known as a KP defender because he's a 3rd tall would can play small and is agile and quick. Just be c a use Hawthorn have little depth down back and Sisily was forced onto bigger opponents doesn't make him KP defender. It means he was the best option at the time.

Carry on.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Fact.You are over rating McEvoy, Frost, DGB and Sisily. Compared to other sides those talls are nothing to get excited about at all. DGB has great potential.

I said McEvoy played defense and he did. In 2020 before being recalled to the ruck. So sorry my statement was out by 12 months. ,(THAT is splitting hairs)

Eagles have Rotham at 193cm who plays on talls and smalls. Rotham is not known as a KP defender because he's a 3rd tall would can play small and is agile and quick. Just be c a use Hawthorn have little depth down back and Sisily was forced onto bigger opponents doesn't make him KP defender. It means he was the best option at the time.

Carry on.
Sicily is so much better than Rotham at everything it doesn't really matter.

McEvoy is a FWD/RUC hasn't played DEF since 2020, it's 2022 now.

Frost is a very good one on one defender and Hartigan is very good on big key forwards.

Sicily has shown he can be third tall or play on a big if needed and DGB is as talented as any.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
McKay is a good player, DGB is more talented.

Walker LOL, get off me Hartigan is miles head and Corr is decent but Frost is better.
Frost has never been better than Corr at anything. Probably why Hawthorn tried to recruit him but were snubbed.

Where did I rate them?
Where did I say I was excited by them?

Why are you so bad at reading and understanding context?

Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
Frost is a superior interceptor and one on one defender.
Melbourne sacked Frost over "Frostball". His athletic qualities didn't override the lack of trust coaches had in his decision making and ability to adhere to a very tight game-plan where predictability to your team-mates was paramount.

Rapt he's found a home and genuinely hope he stays in your team for years to come. 🤩

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Where did I rate them?
Where did I say I was excited by them?

Why are you so bad at reading and understanding context?

Context? Really?

If anything you and your side kick are totally missing the context. My view is the Hawks are weak in tall defenders and will finish bottom 4 or even last. And not just because of the weak talls down back.

The response has been.....LOL.....We have tall defenders......You don't know our list very well.

I never said the Hawks didn't have any talls. My context is they either are not very good, too young to have a big impact in 2022 (DGB) or too short and returning from injury (Sisily) to have a big impact in 2022. You can LOL all you like but that view is not as crazy as you are making out.

In the years to come after 2022 DGB may become AA with Sisily as well. But not this season. Not 2022.

2022 for the Hawks IMO is another rebuilding year with a new coach unproven at AFL level as a head coach. Bottom 4 and if the injury God's take out a couple of key players 18th.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Melbourne sacked Frost over "Frostball". His athletic qualities didn't override the lack of trust coaches had in his decision making and ability to adhere to a very tight game-plan where predictability to your team-mates was paramount.

Rapt he's found a home and genuinely hope he stays in your team for years to come. 🤩
He's been awesome for us and one one one he's rated elite. His defensive % is 19.3

Compared to another great one on one defender for Melbourne, Steven May who is at 23.2%

Back