What are the question marks over your team in 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's been awesome for us and one one one he's rated elite. His defensive % is 19.3

Compared to another great one on one defender for Melbourne, Steven May who is at 23.2%
One of the many strengths of Clarkson. Turned dogfood into caviar.

Would take May over Frost without a doubt!!! Not even a conversation worth having.

Context? Really?

If anything you and your side kick are totally missing the context. My view is the Hawks are weak in tall defenders and will finish bottom 4 or even last. And not just because of the weak talls down back.

The response has been.....LOL.....We have tall defenders......You don't know our list very well.

I never said the Hawks didn't have any talls. My context is they either are not very good, too young to have a big impact in 2022 (DGB) or too short and returning from injury (Sisily) to have a big impact in 2022. You can LOL all you like but that view is not as crazy as you are making out.

In the years to come after 2022 DGB may become AA with Sisily as well. But not this season. Not 2022.

2022 for the Hawks IMO is another rebuilding year with a new coach unproven at AFL level as a head coach. Bottom 4 and if the injury God's take out a couple of key players 18th.
It’s like you are replying to someone elses posts.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
McKay is a good player, DGB is more talented.

Walker LOL, get off me Hartigan is miles head and Corr is decent but Frost is better.

At this stage McKay is better than DGB. Time will tell if DGB lives up to his talent. A lot of players don’t.

Happy to call it a draw with Walker and Hartigan. They’re both average players at best. What did Hartigan come to you for? Was it a 4th round pick? Sounds like he was in high demand and Adelaide were desperate to keep him.

Corr is better than Frost. Frost is a liability with ball in hand. There is a reason Melbourne walked him out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I like DGB a lot. I think he is going to become a top key defender in a few years time. Hawthorn have a smattering of good young players but they are still years away from being anywhere near the top 8. Still I would rather Hawthorns list than Collingwood's.

I like DGB a lot. I think he is going to become a top key defender in a few years time. Hawthorn have a smattering of good young players but they are still years away from being anywhere near the top 8. Still I would rather Hawthorns list than Collingwood's.
Hawthorn drew twice in 2021. It only takes two kicks to go their way in those games and they were 2 wins off of the top 8 in 2021.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Hawthorn drew twice in 2021. It only takes two kicks to go their way in those games and they were 2 wins off of the top 8 in 2021.

I am not saying Hawthorn are bad, but you guy are only 2 years or so into a rebuild with some of your older players who are still key to your lineup approaching retirement age. You guys are on the right track but realistically you are a few years away from reaching the 8 again, at least in my opinion.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
At this stage McKay is better than DGB. Time will tell if DGB lives up to his talent. A lot of players don’t.

Happy to call it a draw with Walker and Hartigan. They’re both average players at best. What did Hartigan come to you for? Was it a 4th round pick? Sounds like he was in high demand and Adelaide were desperate to keep him.

Corr is better than Frost. Frost is a liability with ball in hand. There is a reason Melbourne walked him out the door.

Seen this a few times in this thread but I think there may be some revisionist history going on.

Frost finished 9th in the Demons best and fairest but Hawthorn came knocking and the Dees, having just secured May and Lever, couldn't offer him a long term contract. He wasn't sacked or shown the door. A deal just took shape that was beneficial to the player and both clubs.

I am not saying Hawthorn are bad, but you guy are only 2 years or so into a rebuild with some of your older players who are still key to your lineup approaching retirement age. You guys are on the right track but realistically you are a few years away from reaching the 8 again, at least in my opinion.
I would think Tom, JOM, Breust and Wingard have at least 3 years left in them of good footy, so I don’t buy the rhetoric that they’ll all be finished up in 18 months.

We knocked off 5 top 8 sides in 2021 and drew with the premiers with some of our best in the stands, so I sometimes think people would just rather dismiss Hawthorn as a team that won’t play finals for a while rather than look at what that 2021 record might actually mean about how they're tracking.

Last edited:

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Hartigan actually is able to defend players, Walker is a walking body bag with "5 goals" written on his forehead.

Corr isn't better than Frost. Frost can defend smalls and bigs, he is very good one on one and liability he is not, he'll have the odd clanger but he's not even close to as bad as people put it out to be.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One of the many strengths of Clarkson. Turned dogfood into caviar.

Would take May over Frost without a doubt!!! Not even a conversation worth having.
I'm not saying i'd take Frost over May, but Frost's contested defensive % is a fair amount better than May even tho May was in a superior team which means that there would be less footy in their back 50 and less stress on him.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seen this a few times in this thread but I think there may be some revisionist history going on.

Frost finished 9th in the Demons best and fairest but Hawthorn came knocking and the Dees, having just secured May and Lever, couldn't offer him a long term contract. He wasn't sacked or shown the door. A deal just took shape that was beneficial to the player and both clubs.

If they were satisfied with Frost, they wouldn’t have chased May. He clearly has faults in his game that are clear as day.

I also don’t hold a clubs BNF that highly in terms of a players value. In 2020 Dumont finished 5th in our BNF and a year later he was delisted.

Last edited:

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If they were satisfied with Frost, they wouldn’t have chased May. He clearly has faults in his game that are clear as day.

I also don’t hold a clubs BNF that highly in terms of a players value. In 2020 Dumont finished 5th in our BNF and a year later he was delisted.

I wouldn't compare North to anyone, absolute basketcase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hahaha doesn’t say much for you. A bottom 4 side being carried by some retirement village folk.

LOL. Village, our best players are only in their late 20s, 27-28-29.

That's not "old" Cunnington is old, he's 30+ and your best player, your two best defenders are 30+.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hartigan actually is able to defend players, Walker is a walking body bag with "5 goals" written on his forehead.

Corr isn't better than Frost. Frost can defend smalls and bigs, he is very good one on one and liability he is not, he'll have the odd clanger but he's not even close to as bad as people put it out to be.

Corr can defend smalls and bigs as well. Fortunately for us Corr doesn’t hit the kid selling footy records coming out of defence.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LOL. Village, our best players are only in their late 20s, 27-28-29.

That's not "old" Cunnington is old, he's 30+ and your best player, your two best defenders are 30+.

Wow 1 player we rely on with a plethora of young mids coming through. You rely on mature players in their late 20’s and early 30’s with nothing coming through.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wow 1 player we rely on with a plethora of young mids coming through. You rely on mature players in their late 20’s and early 30’s with nothing coming through.

Nothing...

Okay champ.

Hahaha doesn’t say much for you. A bottom 4 side being carried by some retirement village folk.

Hawthorn were not bottom 4 in 2021, and if its' bad to have good 28yr olds, half the sides in the top 8 are screwed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back