What are you currently listening to? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone heard of a band called "The Hu"?......and no its not the English band of "Tommy" fame and its not spelt incorrectly.
Metal band out of Mongolia.
Surprised at how much I'm enjoying it.

Album title is "The Gereg"

Would be curious to know other peoples thoughts!

Anyone heard of a band called "The Hu"?......and no its not the English band of "Tommy" fame and its not spelt incorrectly.
Metal band out of Mongolia.
Surprised at how much I'm enjoying it.

Album title is "The Gereg"

Would be curious to know other peoples thoughts!
Yeah, my wife showed them to me a while ago. They play some sort of (I'm assuming) traditional Mongolian instrument using a bow and do throat singing. Very unusual, but interesting. Plenty of stuff on Youtube.

Last edited:
Dream Theater - Distance Over Time
Bruce Dickinson - Chemical Wedding
Kingdom Come - In Your Face

I've rediscovered CD's... new vinyl is still a bit pricey. After a 3 month stint working in the CBD I can say these albums saved my sanity from the traffic !

Watched Anchorman 2 last night. Jet Airliner by The Steve Miller band played during the closing credits. I don't mind the song, but it is a bit pedestrian. Did a bit of Wikipedia and YouTube following and it turns out that a blind musician called Paul Pena wrote and recorded the song in 1973. Had a dispute with his record label which meant the album wasn't release until 23 years later. The keyboard player from the Steve Miller Band produced his album and played the unreleased version to Steve Miller. They recorded and released Jet Airliner in 1977 which became a hit for them. It's a pity the original wasn't released back in '73 because it shits all over the cover. I've been listening to it and other Paul Pena songs .... Check it out

Derek Trucks did another of his songs on his great album "Already Free". "Something to make you happy".

And the original Paul Pena version.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those Radiohead fans out there I recommend giving The Smile's A Light For Attracting Attention a listen. Thom Yorke, Johnny Greenwood and Tom Skinner.

Thoroughly enjoying it.

1996 is fantastic. So is his early electro stuff but 1996 is the one for me
That's one I don't have. I've got the Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence soundtrack, NeoGeo and Heartbeat. I'll have to chase that up.

Finally caught up with the 21st century and purchased a Spotify subscription. Started randomly picking songs and liking them. When I got to 400 I decided to alphabetize the list and play it without looking. Imagine my surprise when Aaron Copland's El Salon Mexico was immediately followed by Enter Sandman. I am one strange dude.

Finally caught up with the 21st century and purchased a Spotify subscription. Started randomly picking songs and liking them. When I got to 400 I decided to alphabetize the list and play it without looking. Imagine my surprise when Aaron Copland's El Salon Mexico was immediately followed by Enter Sandman. I am one strange dude.
Nothing wrong with that.

I'll have Debussy or Vaughan Williams followed by One Way System or the Chemical Brothers.

Musical choice is truly personal. Whatever gets you through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back