What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

I finally started Red Dead Redemption 2.

What an absolutely gorgeous game. Absolutely teeming with detail and you can just see the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into developing it. Phenomenal.

But.

BUT.

Why, of GOD DAMN ******* WHY...are the controls and some aspects of the gameplay so unbelievably unintuitive and cumbersome? Every single time I've failed a mission is because I accidently pressed one wrong button and punched/shot/stabbed someone I shouldn't or I accidently ever so slightly bumped into someone and that has somehow f’ed everything up.

Hell, I just came across the NPC that gives you quests to find herbs. I did the first quest, handed it in, then climbed back on my horse...except it wasn't my horse. Turns out it was his. They just happen to look identical. So of course he suddenly runs away screaming that I stole his horse and trying to inform the authorities.

I mean...holy ******* sh*t Rockstar...it's like you're deliberately trying to antagonise me.
Haha yeah I love that game but you're not wrong

I rarely did the sidequests, I find them boring in every Ubisoft game. The main story, fortresses and outposts were fun enough.

I rarely did the sidequests, I find them boring in every Ubisoft game. The main story, fortresses and outposts were fun enough.
I'm a sucker at the start of a game. For the first 15 or so hours, I stopped for every Karma event in my vicinity. By the end, I was just walking past hostages while picking my herbs.

Wound up playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. The only main one in the series I hadn't played (not counting Golden Abyss). Pretty good. Forgot the series always goes off the deep end with the supernatural reveals. Funny how little series really changed. The graphics get better, the controls and camera improved, but core mechanics never really changed. Wish the game had more puzzles.

Tempted to replay Uncharted 2. For now I've started God of War III though. Am enjoying it but it the camera here feels dated here too, especially for a 2010 game.

Wound up playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. The only main one in the series I hadn't played (not counting Golden Abyss). Pretty good. Forgot the series always goes off the deep end with the supernatural reveals. Funny how little series really changed. The graphics get better, the controls and camera improved, but core mechanics never really changed. Wish the game had more puzzles.

Tempted to replay Uncharted 2. For now I've started God of War III though. Am enjoying it but it the camera here feels dated here too, especially for a 2010 game.

I ran through the games a few months ago, actually yet to finish UC IV.... went through the first three over a few weeks... about 1/4 through the 4th before I needed a break from the same formula :p. Need to go back to it.

Playing this a lot more over the last few days

Winning a lot of the battles regularly :D

Just finished Life is Strange. Man, what a ******* great game.

Also:

Now you need to read this thread and add to it.
LIS still my favourite thing dontnod has done

Anyone playing Genshin Impact? Decided to download it since it's free and give it a spin. It's a shockingly shameless Breath of the Wild clone but with characters who speak. It's a gacha game so I suppose there is a limit to it but on the surface it's pretty fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been playing a lot of the hidden gems that have been made free on PSN Plus over the years.

Listed below in order of favourite (not that I disliked any of them):

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Sonic Mania
Overcooked
Dirt Rally 2.0
Horizon Chase Turbo
Trackmania Turbo

Burly Men At Sea
Erica

Happy to hear any others people enjoyed!

Bought the Definitive Edition of AOEIII yesterday, played this heaps when I was growing up so looking forward for the trip down memory lane. It's not just a re-skin like the previous 2 DEs so I'm interested to see how the gameplay changes they've made will impact the playability and the balance of the game.

I've been playing a lot of the hidden gems that have been made free on PSN Plus over the years.

Listed below in order of favourite (not that I disliked any of them):

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Sonic Mania
Overcooked
Dirt Rally 2.0
Horizon Chase Turbo
Trackmania Turbo

Burly Men At Sea
Erica

Happy to hear any others people enjoyed!

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth is one of my favourite games of all time. Get on it.

Great game. Remake on PS4 is disappointing however.
It's been that long since I've played it that I'm relearning the game from scratch pretty much.

I'm still in Midgar and some of whats happened I remember and some I'm like I do not remember this happening at all.

The performance is amazing as far as no loading times but it's weird playing a game in 4:3 and seeing how low res the cut scenes are.

just started playing Fable Anniversary for the first time in a very long time god fable is a goated series first 2 games are amazing

Bought Jedi: Fallen Order on 'prime day' last week. Finished it and platinumed it.

As a game it's okay. Takes a little something from everything (God of War, Uncharted, Dark Souls/Sekiro, Metroid). Maps look great but traversal can get a little confusing. Jumping could have been better. Combat is fine.

Shines a lot as a Star Wars story though, imo. Looks as good as all the new Disney Star Wars stuff too. But has a much more compelling story just by virtue of being about Jedi. Who cares about rebel fighters and bounty hunters - give me giant alien Jedi temples, robes (well this case, ponchos, but close enough), and sick-ass lightsaber moves.

Going back to God of War III now (same game director as Fallen Order, funnily enough). Might be blasphemous but I am enjoying this more than the new God of War. Kratos sucks here and there's nothing as cool as the Leviathan Axe. But the scale of the game is amazing and there's no annoying kid. It's just sheer bloodlust and it embraces it (not unlike Doom).

Had at least one game of of the following over the last week and a bit.........

PS4:

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
Rocket League
GTA V Online
Tetris Evolution

PC:
Rocket League
GTA V
Injustice 2 (more surprised I started to play this after being addicted to it for so long on Xbox... got it on the cheap via Steam and I'm addicted again lol)
AFL Evolution 2

Switch:
Cricket 19
Super Mario 35
Rocket League :p

Pokemon Sword. I haven't actually finished the main game yet because I came late to the party.

I also sold my PS4 Pro to pay off my PS5 so I've only got the switch to tide me over until the 12th of November.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back