Remove this Banner Ad

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Covitorian SSR
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
I wanted something mindless to play while watching TV instead of scrolling through social media so I downloaded Stardew Valley on my switch, what an excellent little game!

I get the feeling I’m not playing it right as I’ve spent most of my time cleaning up my farm and growing parsnips haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nope, you're playing it completely fine 😁

Igloo

Not a mod
May 23, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wanted something mindless to play while watching TV instead of scrolling through social media so I downloaded Stardew Valley on my switch, what an excellent little game!

I get the feeling I’m not playing it right as I’ve spent most of my time cleaning up my farm and growing parsnips haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I've had the Stardew itch lately. I think once I finish with Outriders i'll go back to it. Such a great game.

Ambrose Burnside

Premiership Player
Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Far Cry 5.

Don't like the first-person perspective but I absolutely love the story and the setting.
I'm also playing it (although single player FPS is my favourite genre). I've unlocked the final mission, but just knocking off side missions etc.

Love it. First Far Cry I've really gotten into. Played the original until the mutants show up then lost interest, couldn't get into 2, played some 3 but 5 got me.

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I finished Hitman 2 last night

Well just the main story/plot missions. Now I'm going back through them to do the alternate assassinations. Another clever one I saw and emulated, throwing a car battery on a bath mat, overflowing the bath sink........ hide in the nearby area and wait for the target to walk in and get electrocuted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sisterka

Lurker
Jun 10, 2000
Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have been playing from the start. I found it empty and a bit hollow at first without any npc's, but still enjoyable to me. The wastelanders update changed all that. Player vendors and Legendary item scripping have also changed the game for the better. I am going to start a new character soon to play in another style. I have been playing as a junkie which is amusing. The black Fallout humour is still there and the Fallout Lore is nicely stitched together throughout the game, hooking together all the previous Fallouts, which occur after this Fallout timewise. I find it relaxing to just wander about doing as I like as there is no push to do the main story if you don't want. After hitting Level 50 and sorting out your build and weapon style, the world is your atom!

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
I have been playing from the start. I found it empty and a bit hollow at first without any npc's, but still enjoyable to me. The wastelanders update changed all that. Player vendors and Legendary item scripping have also changed the game for the better. I am going to start a new character soon to play in another style. I have been playing as a junkie which is amusing. The black Fallout humour is still there and the Fallout Lore is nicely stitched together throughout the game, hooking together all the previous Fallouts, which occur after this Fallout timewise. I find it relaxing to just wander about doing as I like as there is no push to do the main story if you don't want. After hitting Level 50 and sorting out your build and weapon style, the world is your atom!
You have almost inspired me to start playing it

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

dexter_

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
76 is really good. I honestly think, in it's current state, it's Bethesda's best Fallout game. This is the direction I've always wanted them to take the Fallout franchise as it plays to their strengths as developers.

Duck Farmer

Est. 1820
Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots, Mitchelton-Scott
Halo Master Chief Collection. As a very recent comer to Xbox having ever only owned Playstations in the past I have a lot of catching up to do.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
76 is really good. I honestly think, in it's current state, it's Bethesda's best Fallout game. This is the direction I've always wanted them to take the Fallout franchise as it plays to their strengths as developers.
Bethesdas best Fallout game?

I loved F3 & FNY and F4 was/is one of my all time favourite games

I'll have to defiantly download this on gamepass tonight

revival_mode

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon

im going to try going back as i do like the fallout franchise. i did not have a good experience at launch, found it to be incredibly shallow and buggy AF. just keep that in mind.

dexter_

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle

IMO it is. I thought the stories in 3 and 4 were pretty poor and the quests not much better either (New Vegas was made by Obsidian and that is my favourite game of all time)

76 plays to Bethesda's strengths because there's not much of an over arching plot. It's mostly a bunch of small stories strewn throughout the world. It's got a beautiful huge open world (4 times the size of F4) lot's of nooks and crannies to explore, loot to find, crafting, base building etc. It's basically a survival game with some light role playing.

I will say though that there is a lot of busy work in this game. Weapons and armour constantly degrade and need to be repaired. Bullets are hard to find so you need to mine for lead and keep crafting them. At first I found it a real turn off but as I played more of it I really started to enjoy the loop of it.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
IMO it is. I thought the stories in 3 and 4 were pretty poor and the quests not much better either (New Vegas was made by Obsidian and that is my favourite game of all time)

76 plays to Bethesda's strengths because there's not much of an over arching plot. It's mostly a bunch of small stories strewn throughout the world. It's got a beautiful huge open world (4 times the size of F4) lot's of nooks and crannies to explore, loot to find, crafting, base building etc. It's basically a survival game with some light role playing.

I will say though that there is a lot of busy work in this game. Weapons and armour constantly degrade and need to be repaired. Bullets are hard to find so you need to mine for lead and keep crafting them. At first I found it a real turn off but as I played more of it I really started to enjoy the loop of it.
are there NPC and Ai players in the game?

Doesn't matter either way as I am downloading it on gamepass now

Marlowe

𝓐𝓭𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓭
Mar 12, 2012
Shopping for a silk sash at Tootie's
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Finished a couple of short games. Gone Home and Wide Ocean Jacket.

Both really fantastic. Gone Home is like environmental storytelling: the game. Did a good job at making that whole house feel completely lived in. Wide Ocean Big Jacket nicely written, short and sweet. Mord is great.

Fully embracing Disco Elysium now. Up to Day 4. Spent most of Day 3 in the church and doing that whole quest. Maybe only halfway through but one of the most fulfilling gaming experiences of my life.

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
After going through Hitman 2 last week, I had an opportunity to purchase the pc version of Hitman 3.... so I did (and also with more money than brains paid for the Hitman 1 & 2 levels to be playable in Hitman 3 as well :p). Finished the original Hitman levels before, played through some of the Hitman 2 missions the other night (god the pc version looks glorious!!! and I thought it looked good on console as well). Going to start Hitman 3 properly later tonight or perhaps tomorrow.

Also random thought sometimes the second last level/mission/boss is a lot more difficult than the final mission/end boss.

I found the second last mission in Hitman really painful (too hard to do it via stealth methods, so I just run & gunned it lol). Yet the FINAL mission was over in less than 10 minutes...... in fact the longest part of the mission was waiting for the second target to fall for the trap I set.

One of the last missions of GTA Vice City was painful, but once it was over the rest of the game was simple as.
Ditto Batman: Arkham Asylum (the poison ivy fight is difficult on the hardest difficulty setting, yet the final battle with the Joker himself could be done blindfolded.

Remove this Banner Ad