What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been replaying Supergiant's pre-Hades games. I love Hades and probably will love Hades 2, but I kinda wish they'd continue their trend of making something completely new instead of cashing in on a sequel. I totally get it from a business perspective, but I've always liked how their games stand distinctly apart from one another. Plus I'd love to see them make another game that actively defies categorisation like they did with Pyre.

I've been replaying Supergiant's pre-Hades games. I love Hades and probably will love Hades 2, but I kinda wish they'd continue their trend of making something completely new instead of cashing in on a sequel. I totally get it from a business perspective, but I've always liked how their games stand distinctly apart from one another. Plus I'd love to see them make another game that actively defies categorisation like they did with Pyre.

Hades is their best game so I'm happy they're doing another one. Will be a day 1 purchase for me.

Any suggestions for a good game on gamepass?

what kinda games you like? Pentiment was the best game of last year IMO but it's not gonna suit most people... (somewhat) historically accurate narrative adventure/point-and-click kinda game with a murder mystery. have to read all the dialogue no voice acting. with graphics that look like late-medieval art. but yeah I loved that game

also I see Supraland is on there which I played years back and was just a really fun indie puzzle/collectibles/exploration game

Pentiment
Mate I actually love point and click games

I watched Indiana Jones - Raiders of the lost ark last night and it made me think of the Fate of Atlantis point and click game so this is a good suggestion that I will give a go today!

Mate I actually love point and click games

I watched Indiana Jones - Raiders of the lost ark last night and it made me think of the Fate of Atlantis point and click game so this is a good suggestion that I will give a go today!

Pentiment is brilliant. I really need to go back and finish it but it was what I was playing when my dad suddenly passed earlier this year. So I sort of associate it with that moment and still can't get myself to open it again even though I want to.

Appropriate mention of Fate of Atlantis. I've actually just started attempting to recreate the start area (once you get to the city after falling through the floor intro stuff) from scratch in UE5.2.

Pentiment is brilliant. I really need to go back and finish it but it was what I was playing when my dad suddenly passed earlier this year. So I sort of associate it with that moment and still can't get myself to open it again even though I want to.

Appropriate mention of Fate of Atlantis. I've actually just started attempting to recreate the start area (once you get to the city after falling through the floor intro stuff) from scratch in UE5.2.
Sorry to hear about your dad

Fate of Atlantis is one of my all time favorites games. The start of that game is bloody enjoyable. Really wish they would remake that like they did MI

Sorry to hear about your dad

Fate of Atlantis is one of my all time favorites games. The start of that game is bloody enjoyable. Really wish they would remake that like they did MI

I agree, Fate of Atlantis is one of the best games of all time and needs some love for a new generation of fans.

Those old Scumm games are probably some of my favourites as I played so many in my formative gaming years in the early 90s. They have a very simple single mechanic that I thought would be achievable to make something similar myself. I started planning a prototype and said "I want a night time city street with an alleyway, some interactive objects and a puzzle to get inside". Then I thought I'd start a new play through of Fate of Atlantis to get some ideas on more serious puzzles (since Monkey Island is more humorous). Then basically that first area you land in Fate of Atlantis after the intro is what I had in mind for a prototype and decided I might try and simply reimagine it in modern AAA fidelity like you see heaps of videos of people doing for other games.

I agree, Fate of Atlantis is one of the best games of all time and needs some love for a new generation of fans.

Those old Scumm games are probably some of my favourites as I played so many in my formative gaming years in the early 90s. They have a very simple single mechanic that I thought would be achievable to make something similar myself. I started planning a prototype and said "I want a night time city street with an alleyway, some interactive objects and a puzzle to get inside". Then I thought I'd start a new play through of Fate of Atlantis to get some ideas on more serious puzzles (since Monkey Island is more humorous). Then basically that first area you land in Fate of Atlantis after the intro is what I had in mind for a prototype and decided I might try and simply reimagine it in modern AAA fidelity like you see heaps of videos of people doing for other games.
I've gone through and replayed Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandago & Full Throttle with the kids of the last year and a half as well as playing the newest MI game. Still great games

Sounds like a great idea what you are doing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've gone through and replayed Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandago & Full Throttle with the kids of the last year and a half as well as playing the newest MI game. Still great games

Sounds like a great idea what you are doing
The Neverhood was also great from the 90's

The Neverhood was also great from the 90's
I'll have a look, never heard of it

I wanted to play Sam & Max with the kids but thought they might not be old enough for the humor

Hatred - Played and finished this controversial game. Quite a dark narrative, but overall as a game to play, I thought it was quite good. Although, I'm quite bad at those twin-stick shooters I find them a bit cumbersome to play and this one got a bit difficult towards the end, so it did take a few extra attempts - and I was on easy. I couldn't imagine playing on any of the 3 harder difficulties, haha.

Smashed out a solid week of Evil Genius 2 before it left GamePass.

The bones of a fun game are there but it was ultimately just too damn slow and grindy. The Xbox controller interface was horrid as well, with it being literally impossible to select some things.

Hatred - Played and finished this controversial game. Quite a dark narrative, but overall as a game to play, I thought it was quite good. Although, I'm quite bad at those twin-stick shooters I find them a bit cumbersome to play and this one got a bit difficult towards the end, so it did take a few extra attempts - and I was on easy. I couldn't imagine playing on any of the 3 harder difficulties, haha.
is it still banned in australia lol? i remember the trailers and just thinking that it looked kind of boring, but i'm not a twin stick shooter kind of person.

if only hotline miami 2 was allowed to be bought here...

is it still banned in australia lol? i remember the trailers and just thinking that it looked kind of boring, but i'm not a twin stick shooter kind of person.

if only hotline miami 2 was allowed to be bought here...
No idea, honestly! I bought it on sale the other day no problems, but I think my Steam account is still tied to UK since I still have my UK address details listed? Not sure. It shows I can buy Hotline Miami 2 on their Steam page, though.

No idea, honestly! I bought it on sale the other day no problems, but I think my Steam account is still tied to UK since I still have my UK address details listed? Not sure. It shows I can buy Hotline Miami 2 on their Steam page, though.
i'd wager that's the case, i recall that both were banned here but not over there, a shame, really!

Recently brought the PSN Premium subscription.
Pretty damn good.
Downloaded Ghosts Of Tshushima, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Wolfenstein.

Ghosts of Tsushima is worth it alone. Always wanted to play it, but so damn expensive.

Anyone have the same subscription?

Ghosts of Tsushima is worth it alone. Always wanted to play it, but so damn expensive.

Anyone have the same subscription?
I've got the subscription through the Thai Psn store. Something like $50 cheaper a year (not that the Aus price isn't worth it alone) and a very minimal difference in games availability.

Definitely gotta get around to playing Ghosts, I played a few hours when it first released but was simply too busy at the time.

Really wish we'd get the PS3 streaming games too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back