What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Horizon Zero Dawn.

I love the concept, the world and varied environments. Movement is breezy and fighting the machines is a lot of fun. But the human characters are so far uninteresting, the voice acting kind of, just, bad, and fighting human AI is very clunky and not nearly as fluid as it should be. Still, like it a lot, just I wish I played before RDR2 because that game was so heavy and weighted in realism that it may have ruined most sandbox games for me.

Titanfall 2.

I remember buying Battlefield 1 two years ago and the clerk asking if I was interesting in Titanfall 2 at all. I said no but the game has also stayed with me for some reason. Decided to buy it because it's cheap and looked some light single-player fun. Really enjoying it a lot. Reminds me of Pacific Rim and it plays pretty smoothly for a game where you switch between a human and giant robot, basically. Fairly innovative single-player for a future warfare FPS too, where it's surprisingly light on shooting and heavy on running and manoeuvring puzzly spaces. I never played a Portal game, and I'll always regret that, but this feels like the closest I've gotten.

Also playing Papers, Please. Have played to my preferred ending but haven't got to the last day yet. Love the few little running narratives, mostly that of the sketchy dude in the red coat, and the rare dynamic moments that give you pause and make you question whether letting the person through is worth the citation (one immigrant tried gaining across the border with a homemade love letter that I accepted because of how surprisingly cute).

Resident Evil 6

What an absolute cluster* of a game. It's like playing House of the Dead at an arcade instead of a Resident Evil game. The game style is probably best reflected by the fact that the only two available movement speeds are run and sprint.

The gunplay is unsatisfying. The zombies are annoyingly programmed to walk towards you slowly but then sometimes suddenly launch through the air like a ******* human torpedo for some reason.

The plot...where even to begin? I'm 4 hours in and have absolutely zero ******* clue what is going on. Why was I with the president? Who is Helena? How did I meet her? Why am I following her? Why is there some bizzaro never-ending catacombs/lab under a church?

Why does every single action in the game other than moving or shooting require a ******* QTE? There's an obnoxiously large button prompt on the screen for every single action like...opening a ******* door.

While I'm at it...what the actual * happened to the inventory management in this game? Why do I have to scroll through every individual weapon to find the one I'm looking for, like I'm back on the N64 playing Goldeneye? I also have to turn herbs into pills, then store the pills in a case, then individually take the pills to heal myself? WHY DID THE HEALING MECHANISM REQUIRE EXTRA STEPS CAPCOM?

I need to lie down.

Just finished episode 2 of life is strange 2. Like the story a lot
I'm waiting for all Episodes to be out before I play, same as I did with LIS and BTS

I bought God of War a month ago, because of the GOTY hype, despite having never played one before, and started it today.

Pretty good so far and I don't even think I've really started it yet (only defeated that one guy from Lost at the start).

Bought mega man 11 on steam. good memories from playing the early versions on the snes in the early 90s. Forgotten how frustrating all that platforming can be though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

War Thunder - ground forces only. Not sure how someone's supposed to play all the tanks, planes, ships and helicopters in the game! I got a premium account (half price!) to research upgrades and unlock new vehicles faster. I'm currently rolling with late WW2 to early cold war vehicles from the USA, Germany, USSR, Britain and Japan. One skill I must improve is aiming rockets from attack planes. My hit rate must be something like 1% :(

Alien Isolation

And I'm going to have a heart attack before leaving this quarantined med bay.

Picked up Wolfenstein 2 and Doom.

They're two very similar yet distinctively different games. As someone whose never played a lot of FPS games outside of Call of Duty and Battlefield, I am not too accustomed to running and gunning. Both games emphasis movement quite intensely. I am used to staying in cover a little bit but there is no room for that in either of these games.

Finding Doom a lot more fun and free. It's lighter and invites conflict. There's no real story of cutscenes either, just 90% killing demons.

Wolfenstein though has a lot more going but that I feel is almost at odds with the pace of the gameplay. There is a story here, and themes, and characters, and inviting environments. But the gameplay is such a rush, and the shooting has such a piercing quality to it, that I find myself more bored than I should be whenever I'm not duel-wielding machine guns and slaughtering Nazis.

Enjoying them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back