What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

More of a general comment but it's a great time to be a gamer, especially during these times when pennies have to be pinched a bit harder.

Game Pass is amazing value, and now Epic are becoming pretty aggressive with giving away AAA titles in recent times.

Backlog has never been bigger!
I've only just got an xbox one and game pass. Seems to good to be true. How long do they let you play these games for free

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I feel bad for getting these awesome games for free. Well basically.
Do games stay or is it a come and go catalog. The only thing that worries me is I don't want to get really into a good game and find it's off the catalog and then I get locked out of it.

Do games stay or is it a come and go catalog. The only thing that worries me is I don't want to get really into a good game and find it's off the catalog and then I get locked out of it.

You get a months advance warning when a game is being taken off. And get the option of buying at a steep discount.

Honestly it’s the best deal in gaming. It feels like stealing.

Most of the AA titles seem to stay for long periods of time.

Currently playing on gamepass:

Yakuza , Final Fantasy 8 , Sunset over drive, Ori & the blind Forrest ( Plus the squeal put aside) & Neir Automata. Good thing is if im stuck or bored i just switch it up.
Honestly I don't know how long this has been going as I've always been a PlayStation gamer but this to me is a game changer. I sold my ps4 as wasnt using it much and I picked up a cheap xbox one recently off gumtree mostly as I wanted to play AFL evolution 2 online. Now I can't believe what I'm seeing. I never had anything like this in the PS store.

In my opinion looking at gamepass. This is what will decide my next gen purchase.

Xbox is winning me over now.

Honestly I don't know how long this has been going as I've always been a PlayStation gamer but this to me is a game changer. I sold my ps4 as wasnt using it much and I picked up a cheap xbox one recently off gumtree mostly as I wanted to play AFL evolution 2 online. Now I can't believe what I'm seeing. I never had anything like this in the PS store.

In my opinion looking at gamepass. This is what will decide my next gen purchase.

Xbox is winning me over now.

Yep, Sony has dropped the ball in Australia. They have PS Now in the US but have ignored it in Australia as it is also a streaming service. They could just offer the games as download only here and make plenty.

Keep waiting for it to drop and the has been rumours but it never does.

It's funny when you think about it, PSNow launched alongside the PS4 when Sony were still competing and behind in the war (Which is why most of it's value really comes from PS3 titles) - and then MS launches Game Pass when they're behind.

I'm hoping PSNow's very slow distrubition history is due to the fact that there's going to be a big change to it come PS5's launch.

Was playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution but got really bored of it about half way through the game so deleted it. Now I'll give the Mafia 3 remaster a go.

LOL Mafia 3 is renowned for the most repetitive game play out there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i saw a soul calibur II gamecube arcade stick in tokyo in 2017 and wish i bought it, i have SCII on gamecube so i would've used it a heap (and gamecube adaptor for switch means it'd probably work on switch too).

i got back into starcraft II this year for the first time in 5+ years, i might play this game into old age...

Phantasy Star Online 2. Sunk so many hours into PSO on the Dreamcast back in the day so when they announced this was finally getting a western release I jumped on. Good fun, very different from PSO and much more complicated but it obviously has to be in the modern age. Just released on PC free to play and the servers are chockers even though there have been launch issues. Requires a NA Microsoft/Xbox account if anyone is keen but it takes literally seconds to change your region in your Xbox settings or Microsoft account.

Phantasy Star Online 2. Sunk so many hours into PSO on the Dreamcast back in the day so when they announced this was finally getting a western release I jumped on. Good fun, very different from PSO and much more complicated but it obviously has to be in the modern age. Just released on PC free to play and the servers are chockers even though there have been launch issues. Requires a NA Microsoft/Xbox account if anyone is keen but it takes literally seconds to change your region in your Xbox settings or Microsoft account.

I've downloaded it but haven't played it yet. Wanted to play this for years.

Splitting my time between Animal Crossing, A.I.: The Somnium Files, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX, and Civilisation VI at the moment. Having fun with all of them.

AI The Somnium Files is quality indeed. Played it earlier this year.

Atm I'm playing a mixture of Slay the Spire, Children of Morta, Animal Crossing, and Tetris 99.

Plugged 70 hours into AC Odyssey and still only seen about 75% of the map and have most of the cultists left. Have only just got to Sparta and started the final act and I'm already level 50. Think I'll be playing this right up until Last of Us 2 comes out.

Bought Persona 5 this week too and am trying to play an hour of that a day. I don't love turn-based combat in 3D games, something about it just bothers me, but I love the game's art style, general tone, the cat character, and the social aspect of it. As far as I can tell this might take me three or four months to finish if I continue to space it out the way I am planning to.

Bought Persona 5 this week too and am trying to play an hour of that a day. I don't love turn-based combat in 3D games, something about it just bothers me, but I love the game's art style, general tone, the cat character, and the social aspect of it. As far as I can tell this might take me three or four months to finish if I continue to space it out the way I am planning to.
As someone who lloves turn based combat, Persona 5 does a pretty good job at keeping you on your toes and not becoming overtly repetitive. As you unlock new moves the combat really takes it's own. It is a VERY long game though, it took me 110 hours to get through the main content (playing quite slow to be fair).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back