Battlestar Gallactica
Mad Men
The Returned (French Series)

Current:
The night of
River
Bloodline
The Bridge (Swedish)
Love the first 3, never got a chance to start mad men. Will check out others cheers buddy.

My favs are:

Sospranos
Breaking bad
Dexter
Seinfeld
Spartacus (season 1)- gladiator meets 300

Just watched the end if the Kettering incident. By God if we don't get a season two this will be a massive injustice.

Not since Carnivale stopped on a cliff hanger and was then cancelled have I been this worried.

Hey guys, I'm overseas for a few months and have a heap of downtime. I have a couple of shows on my hard drive that I will start watching like Night Manager, Banshee. Just finished GOT. Currently watching Mr Robot.

Anyway, I would love if each of you listed top 3 current shows and top 3 all time favorite shows.

Cheers, Banana
Depends what you like.
Sons of Anarchy is a good show, 7 seasons to keep you busy also.
Transparent is quality and has Jeffrey Tambor which brings me to Arrested Development

The Knick is a quality early surgery drama set in new York around the birth of the car and electricity reaching a hospital.

For something totally left of field The Increasingly poor decisions of Todd Margaret

Freaks and Geeks is well worth it. Futurama is gold.

Firefly is tragically short lived gold.

The crazy ones a series with Robin Williams as an ad exec.

Carnivale and Boardwalk empire are other earlier American series. One gangster the other supernatural.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is one of the funniest shows in years

Just watched the end if the Kettering incident. By God if we don't get a season two this will be a massive injustice.

Not since Carnivale stopped on a cliff hanger and was then cancelled have I been this worried.

I was angry. Just indulgent rubbish in the end. For me the show started to unravel earlier in the series. Thought the writing was weak. As for that finale...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I'm overseas for a few months and have a heap of downtime. I have a couple of shows on my hard drive that I will start watching like Night Manager, Banshee. Just finished GOT. Currently watching Mr Robot.

Anyway, I would love if each of you listed top 3 current shows and top 3 all time favorite shows.

Cheers, Banana

Seinfeld
Mad Men
House of Cards (original for me which has aged but love it)
West Wing
Spiral (French)
Rome

Seinfeld
Mad Men
West Wing
Spiral (French)
Rome

Spiral is brilliant. New season is airing in France right now.

Depends what you like.
Sons of Anarchy is a good show, 7 seasons to keep you busy also.
Transparent is quality and has Jeffrey Tambor which brings me to Arrested Development

The Knick is a quality early surgery drama set in new York around the birth of the car and electricity reaching a hospital.

For something totally left of field The Increasingly poor decisions of Todd Margaret

Freaks and Geeks is well worth it. Futurama is gold.

Firefly is tragically short lived gold.

The crazy ones a series with Robin Williams as an ad exec.

Carnivale and Boardwalk empire are other earlier American series. One gangster the other supernatural.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is one of the funniest shows in years
I got bored of son's of anarchy, like most shows it went downhill. i.e.GOT. I like nine nine, I'll check out the other ones cheers mate.

Galactica, GOT, Archer...

Can't really call myself a current tv show watcher, because I wait ages, and only ever binge watch...can take years...
I'm the same, so many shows I've binge watched. With the kids and work I've barely got time to scratch my balls. I actually prefer it. When the Mrs went overseas with the kids I smashed a whole bunch of shows.

I was angry. Just indulgent rubbish in the end. For me the show started to unravel earlier in the series. Thought the writing was weak. As for that finale...

I figured I knew where it was going but it never got there. Felt like the writers publicly daring foxtel to pick them up for season two.

Originally thought it was going to go into the logging in Tassie disappointed it didn't but let's be honest they wouldn't get the green light or money from the government if they did.

Mostly I want it to get a second season because it was a big budget production, if it fails that money won't be out in locally again for a while and we will just get more reality TV knock offs

Carnivale was worse because they thought they had another season when they filmed the end of season two then they got cancelled.

If Kettering ends like that it will be a massive waste. Started with so much potential too

Seinfeld
Mad Men
West Wing
Spiral (French)
Rome
Grizz also recommended Mad Men, try get into it. Already got like 6 shows lined up. Plus the footy of course, bloody hell hope we can do 4 in a row. Bit nervous, immortality awaits.

I figured I knew where it was going but it never got there. Felt like the writers publicly daring foxtel to pick them up for season two.

Originally thought it was going to go into the logging in Tassie disappointed it didn't but let's be honest they wouldn't get the green light or money from the government if they did.

Mostly I want it to get a second season because it was a big budget production, if it fails that money won't be out in locally again for a while and we will just get more reality TV knock offs

Carnivale was worse because they thought they had another season when they filmed the end of season two then they got cancelled.

If Kettering ends like that it will be a massive waste. Started with so much potential too
Just looked up Carnivale, got my attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got bored of son's of anarchy, like most shows it went downhill. i.e.GOT. I like nine nine, I'll check out the other ones cheers mate.
Fair enough the last season labored a bit and the last episode was not great.

It's hard to end shows some times I think, the other issue is when something successful goes beyond the original plan.

Prison break was only ever meant to be one season but is coming back again

Just looked up Carnivale, got my attention.
I will warn you it was cancelled. It's fantastic and doesn't close out.

One of many great shows to end that way

I will warn you it was cancelled. It's fantastic and doesn't close out.

One of many great shows to end that way
Prefer to watch one brilliant season over a drawn out show over many seasons. Thanks again.

Dunno man sons of anarchy just started to drag on, stopped watching it after like season 4. I'm upto date with GOT but gee that started to stink. They better get their shiit together.

Prefer to watch one brilliant season over a drawn out show over many seasons. Thanks again.

Dunno man sons of anarchy just started to drag on, stopped watching it after like season 4. I'm upto date with GOT but gee that started to stink. They better get their shiit together.
GOT I prefer the books, I like the show but they've changed so much and they just haven't captured Jaime properly. Going past the books this year hurt but it also kind of freed the show

I'm the same, so many shows I've binge watched. With the kids and work I've barely got time to scratch my balls. I actually prefer it. When the Mrs went overseas with the kids I smashed a whole bunch of shows.
TV channel unreliability is my biggest gripe...probably the biggest in my life in all the little grizzles I can label "first world problems"...! That's why I'm a binger...

There would be a dozen shows off the top of my head I could name straight away that were butchered for me when the station handling them moved them to a later timeslot, or an irregular one, or didn't pick up later seasons, or whose suppliers discontinued the show...yeah, sure, it's all about ratings, and someone like me who f###ing hates a lack of continuity, reality tv and cooking shows with the passion of a disgruntled postal worker is never really going to be looked after by Kerry, James or Rupert...

But I haven't watched the Simpsons since season 12...been waiting for DVD sets and enough time to cram in 12 seasons to start work, all due to Ten's horrendous management of the show...says it all...

I was hooked on 'Son's Of Anarchy' when it first came out, then I lost all interest as I normally do with TV series. Like Grizz says if the writing is weak or the ideas became stale the show loses its spark.

Oh and watching Dark Matter. Love me a sci fi...

I have a nut case of a friend who is a 'Dr Who' fanatic. Ever since school days he was hooked on 'Dr Who', he has the complete DVD series of 'Dr Who' from the 60's until present day.

Oh and watching Dark Matter. Love me a sci fi...
hahaha snap to that!

season one of 'Preacher' was good, 'Outcast' getting to the end of season, good too.

I'm a sucker for all the Marvel Netflix series also: 'Daredevil', 'Jessica Jones', loved both of them. 'Luke Cage' and 'Iron Fist' on their way...

Last edited:
A few years back now in the '90's i was hooked on a series called "The Pretender". Cannot remember which channel it aired but I watched it religiously. Could not get enough of it. I think it aired four seasons starring Michael T. Weiss.
The show was about a child prodigy raised in a secret facility. The child later becomes a man played by Michael T. Weiss, he escapes the facility with secrets and he is on the run while being chased by members of the facility, he tries to help people on the outside who have been treated unjustly.

Has anyone watched or heard of 'The Pretender' and what they thought of the show. Only lasted four seasons which I Loved.

Enjoying the night of, though not as edgy as it promised in the first episode or two. Maybe its because im watching one per week, but it seems maybe a little slow, just getting drip fed a little bit of insight every ep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back