What are you currently watching?

For anyone who's still a fan of the original reality show COPS after 30 odd years like myself, there's a relatively new show called Live P.D which I really like.

It's basically COPS but it's live and they follow 6 police departments at once from different states in America, including gang units, drug units and basic traffic patrol units. They cut to and from the different departments depending on what's going on in each one at the time. Each episode is nearly 2 hours long and you get to see some pretty cool and random stuff sometimes.

Unfortunately, outside of the U.S, the only way to watch it is on the internet after each episode has aired live.

Good stuff illnino will have to check it out! :)

just about finished season one of crazy ex-girlfriend

its a comedy musical I just watch a song where one of the male characters was proudly singing about giving someone a UTI

there is some gold in this show the songs are so random

Anyone watching 13 Reasons Why?
I'm halfway through and think it's pretty good. Like how the narrative flows through time despite the focus of each episode being on a different person's involvement in the same event. Avoids becoming Groundhog Day.
Pretty important subject matter too. The sort of thing every teenager should watch.

Season two of You Can't Ask That

For those that don't know but both seasons are up on iview

It's a really interesting show.

Each episode they pick a marginalised or minority group, get members of that group on and get them to answer questions posted anonymously online on the topic.

They've had terminally ill people, people in wheelchairs, ex cons, Muslims, indigenous Australians, polyamouras couples and many others

Well worth it just to learn a bit about what others go through day to day.

Can be quite light hearted and also quite sad

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just finished Stranger Things, yes I'm delayed. Anyone notice the 'actress' who plays 11 ( the little girl with powers ) is actually a boy? I looked her up and she is actually living her life as a girl. That is a boy, does anyone see that?

Just finished Stranger Things, yes I'm delayed. Anyone notice the 'actress' who plays 11 ( the little girl with powers ) is actually a boy? I looked her up and she is actually living her life as a girl. That is a boy, does anyone see that?
Huh?

I beg to differ sir, don't be fooled by make up. Hollyweird is full of trannies.
Your attitude disturbs me. Apart from the fact that we are talking about a 13 to girl who gets asked if she is a boy because she shaves her head a for a role, you are suggesting there is an issue with how people identify themselves.

If someone says I'm a girl or I'm a boy that is the end of the story as far as I'm concerned, who am I tell them who they are.

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Your attitude disturbs me. Apart from the fact that we are talking about a 13 to girl who gets asked if she is a boy because she shaves her head a for a role, you are suggesting there is an issue with how people identify themselves.

If someone says I'm a girl or I'm a boy that is the end of the story as far as I'm concerned, who am I tell them who they are.
This is a movie/show forum right? I'm simply sharing my opinion on whether a particular actor is a boy or girl, out of curiosity. I did not villify her or anybody in any way, I was genuinely shocked she is living as a girl. Fyi I don't care if someone is gay or transgender or black or white, each to their own. Obviously you have taken offence when none was intended. What happened to freedom of speech?

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
This is a movie/show forum right? I'm simply sharing my opinion on whether a particular actor is a boy or girl, out of curiosity. I did not villify her or anybody in any way, I was genuinely shocked she is living as a girl. Fyi I don't care if someone is gay or transgender or black or white, each to their own. Obviously you have taken offence when none was intended. What happened to freedom of speech?
Freedom of speech diminished as minority groups gathered strength.

Recently watched Birdman
Michael Keaton, Emma Stone, Edward Norton

Really random movie with a great jazz soundtrack worth watching

Saw The Arrival, a very different first contact movie, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Watched the first episode of American Gods great to have Ian McShane being utilised again

Recently watched Birdman
Michael Keaton, Emma Stone, Edward Norton

Really random movie with a great jazz soundtrack worth watching

Saw The Arrival, a very different first contact movie, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Watched the first episode of American Gods great to have Ian McShane being utilised again

Really didn't take a shining to American Gods. Giving it another episode but not sure that it'll be for me.

Have started watching The Handmaid's Tale. Incredibly enthralling but at the same time it is so brutally hard to watch. It's a challenging watch.

Freedom of speech diminished as minority groups gathered strength.

Freedom of speech cuts both ways you realise? Much as someone has the right to say a 13 year old actress is transgendered as though it is fact with absolutely no proof, others have the right to call them out on it.

Also Australia doesn't have freedom of speech as an enshrined right, and has plenty of laws that basically ensure that universal freedom of speech doesn't exist in this country. And I'm not talking about 18C - defamation laws are a huge impost on freedom of speech. Personally I'm happier having the defamation laws.

Really didn't take a shining to American Gods. Giving it another episode but not sure that it'll be for me.

Have started watching The Handmaid's Tale. Incredibly enthralling but at the same time it is so brutally hard to watch. It's a challenging watch.
Want to watch that

Want to watch that

It's gripping stuff - just the premise is really harrowing. Elisabeth Moss is superb as always.

Also watched the first episode of Sneaky Pete and am keen to check out more. Giovanni Ribisi is a criminally underrated actor.

Nov 21, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, West Perth
13 Reasons Why - very good and full of good intentions but I wouldn't let anyone with any psychological hangups within 100 miles of it

Bosch Season 3 - Excellent. if you enjoyed the first 2 seasons you'll like this.

American Crime Season 3 - very grim and very good. No laughs to be had here. Domestic violence, people trafficking, sex trafficking. Gritty and intense with great performances.

Fargo Season 3 - first 3 episodes are out, can't wait to get into this series again when I've finished with the above last two.

Get Out - good psychological thriller, a fun ride.

Watched the first episode of the Handmaid's tale yesterday. Yeesh had just such a feeling of dread the whole way through it. Great world building and atmosphere. Interested to see where it goes from here.

It doesn't get any easier to watch. Gripping stuff, though.

Season One of Banshee may have mentioned

Dear White people on Netflix good show about predjudice and college in the states

Harlots 1700s British "drama" about a brothel

Still working my way through breaking bad season four and into the downward spiral

Still working my way through breaking bad season four and into the downward spiral
Follow it up with Better Call Saul. Fantastic spin off. Cuts its own path, but intertwines perfectly with Breaking Bad.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Season One of Banshee may have mentioned

Dear White people on Netflix good show about predjudice and college in the states

Harlots 1700s British "drama" about a brothel

Watched all of Banshee. Absolutely loved it !!!

Just finsihed Merlin... yawn.

Heard Peeky Blinders is very good. Thoughts???

Back