What are you currently watching?

RutegerJones

Debutant
Sep 10, 2013
Just finished Iron Fist. Was ok. Nothing fantastic, especially compared to Daredevil. It's still a decent enough watch if you like Marvel stuff from Netflix.

About to start The Last Kingdom season 2. Really enjoyed the first season. Am also enjoying season two of Fortitude. A strange little show about a settlement in the arctic circle. It's a joint English, Norwegian, Canadian and American production.

Can't wait to watch Fargo S3, Better Call Saul S3 and American Gods but will wait till I can binge them.

Oh! Also Legion. Damn good show. Another Marvel Universe related effort, but completely different to anything else out there.

Where can I start watching all these good shows?

Do I need to get a Netflix account or is there a solid streaming site? Would love to get into more series, but finding an avenue is the tough part.

Want to watch Peaky Blinders/Mr Robot

It is funny how times change
You watch the original longest yard and Burt Reynolds is slapping his girlfriend around, watch the remake and Cortney Cox is slapping Sandler around

Just watched Weird Science for the first time in a long time and was surprised by the end of movie "hero" speech

Couple of lines would be changed for sure if they remade that film and I have no issue with any of that.

Interesting when you see social change reflected in film

Also finished Orange is the new Black season 5. Brilliant show, especially that s5 was so much less about Piper and Alex.
They aren't particularly interesting or likeable characters at this point so the show was better for it I agree

Also finished Orange is the new Black season 5. Brilliant show, especially that s5 was so much less about Piper and Alex.

They aren't particularly interesting or likeable characters at this point so the show was better for it I agree

I'm struggling with it a bit this season. Watched Ep3 last night and have been a bit underwhelmed TBO.
The whole prison take over with "pass the gun" and the apathy of the authorities is testing me

Finished watching Bloodlines last week. Man, that fell off a cliff in the second last episode. Took two sittings to get through that yawn fest. Really disappointing way to close off really good series.

Going to give OITNB a break and jump into the latest season of The Leftovers tonight

PatientHawk

All Australian
Hawthorn Hawks - Muston and Savage Player Sponsor 2010 Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2009 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2008 Player Sponsor
Sep 19, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Preacher Season 2 has started :thumbsu:
I will have to get on it.

I've been given series 3 of Braquo, two years after seeing series 1 and 2. Have to rewatch the first two again first.
Great comedy:neutral:

PatientHawk

All Australian
Hawthorn Hawks - Muston and Savage Player Sponsor 2010 Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2009 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2008 Player Sponsor
Sep 19, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Do I need to get a Netflix account or is there a solid streaming site? Would love to get into more series, but finding an avenue is the tough part.

I can't remember, but these could be on stan. Netflix and Stan cost pretty much the same. Can cancel each per month, so not locked in. I have unlimited optus with fetch tv

Peaky Blinders is on Netflix, unfortunately Mr Robot is on foxtel streaming only

Just finished Legion, from the show runner of Fargo, talk about a different approach

The music is great, the acting is strong and you have possibly less idea of what is going on than the schizophrenic lead, not your usual Super Hero show

Crock

All Australian
Oct 22, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure if anyone has brought these up before.
Finished episode 6 of American Gods: (even Michael Jackson would find it weird), but worth watching! (Main actress is a girl from Melbourne)
Barbarians Rising: Docudrama of the conflict caused by Roman expansion. Found it really interesting!

Cheers

Not sure if anyone has brought these up before.
Finished episode 6 of American Gods: (even Michael Jackson would find it weird), but worth watching! (Main actress is a girl from Melbourne)
Barbarians Rising: Docudrama of the conflict caused by Roman expansion. Found it really interesting!

Cheers
American Gods was good looking forward to season two

Yeah, still to watch the last two episodes but think it would have been easier to follow if they had given more clues as to who each person represented!
Still not sure who some of them were!
Cheers
i liked not know, which was why i was annoyed when someone told me directly after i said i was staying off forums dissecting so i could just enjoy it

Back