What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoroughly enjoyed this flashback of what this thread would have been 20 years ago....

I just started watching this with my boy. Figure it's time he got acquainted with one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

True Detective season 3 is much more like season 1 than the previous effort.
Good to hear Grizz.
Hopefully start it tomorrow night or over the weekend

I see many shows are returning after the christmas break. A few new ones on the scene.

Watched the first episode of Roswell New Mexico. Got most of the way through it before I was interrupted and couldn't really be bothered going back. Not that it was completely off, and might have some attraction to many viewers, but it did not grab me. Aliens born in a pod after the crash in 47, living among the humans, have an odd power or two and, inevitably, have the military hot on their tails. Not sure about giving this a go.

Tidelands starring Mrs Thor was OK without reaching spectacular heights. I like the premise of the story, but will have to wait and see how far it can go. Probably about the equivalent of Manifest in interest and quality.

The Blacklist has long been one of my favourite shows. The storyline quirk at the end of season 5 has got me f%^ked. We always thought Reddington was Keen's father and DNA tests proved it. Now it seems this Reddington has taken over the identity of the real reddington. Well, here's a fan theory from left field - Reddington is not Keen's father, he is her mother (refer the story in season 6 ep 1). :):think::think::D

Star Trek Discovery returns with season 2.:thumbsu:

You know how season one felt like a book? This season has that kind of quality about it.
Yes I can feel that too. It is feeling like it could go anywhere , and in fact is a surprise when things happen, not saying of course, but its getting that way that surprise is round every corner, the two police are filling the screen, and crime is not sensationalised, its deep dark dirty and shitty, and frightening.

I see many shows are returning after the christmas break. A few new ones on the scene.

Watched the first episode of Roswell New Mexico. Got most of the way through it before I was interrupted and couldn't really be bothered going back. Not that it was completely off, and might have some attraction to many viewers, but it did not grab me. Aliens born in a pod after the crash in 47, living among the humans, have an odd power or two and, inevitably, have the military hot on their tails. Not sure about giving this a go.

Tidelands starring Mrs Thor was OK without reaching spectacular heights. I like the premise of the story, but will have to wait and see how far it can go. Probably about the equivalent of Manifest in interest and quality.

The Blacklist has long been one of my favourite shows. The storyline quirk at the end of season 5 has got me f%^ked. We always thought Reddington was Keen's father and DNA tests proved it. Now it seems this Reddington has taken over the identity of the real reddington. Well, here's a fan theory from left field - Reddington is not Keen's father, he is her mother (refer the story in season 6 ep 1). :):think::think::D

Loved this show, but I thought it was finished and when it kept going after a few seasons I started to get the feel of it was "lost" so to speak. In fact when another season began I checked the guide and thought they were repeats, so it lost me.
But Spader never loses , he is a genius actor, I'd like to see him in different things.

Roswell will be same old same old , no imagination these days, invent a few super heroes from comics, there's some TV and movies to make money out of special effects, have a few space creature things and government cover up mysteries and you got X Files again, these things have been done to death, and some good historical fiction would be nice, as long as they keep up the quality , like Rome and Deadwood , Vikings, there are so many story lines throughout history that there aRe tons of examples of what could be good quality TV, but no the same rubbish keeps getting blown out at everyone from every corner , bit like what the music industry has done, lost its touch and magic and music and assembly lines songs that all sound the same. We're techno f****d these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just finished Ray Donovan. What a great series, but I have only seen this one last season . I think I have missed some really good stuff.
It is having another season coming later this year. I'll watch that too.

You know how season one felt like a book? This season has that kind of quality about it.
Was excited by the 1st episode and similar structure to the great season 1. Now 4 episodes in feel like it is unravelling into average fairly quickly.

I thought i would hate it with Katherine Hiegel but I’m now loving it...

Also watching Black Monday and loving it big time.

As we speak i have a glass of Aberlour A’bundah and Aliens is on.
Hudson : Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man....
Vasquez : No,have you ?
Classic line. :thumbsu:

Loved the opening to Series 6 of The Blacklist (bank robbery) classic Reddington. Cant wait to see how long it takes before he is running the prison 😁👍

Finished the Umbrella Academy last night. It was something. I enjoyed it for the most part, particularly some of the influences / homages to historic works. Clanged a bit in places too though.

Tonight - I'm in a weird mood. Can't seem to maintain attention at all. Literally nothing I want to watch on Netflix. So more s**t mood rather than weird I guess. Therefore I'm going to watch the 2014 Grand Final. Never fails to cheer me up!:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back