What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

You are most likely correct in that they don't share my view. But there is no denying that the majority of viewers, from all reports, were disappointed with the final couple of episodes, which clearly indicates that what the writers thought was a fitting climax, actually wasn't.

Regardless, it is all done now, and no amount of discussion will change it. Kit Harrington might want to think twice about telling critics, who are likely also his fans, to 'go f*&k themselves'.
meh
If I was reading all the crap people were writing about the show and I'd spent the last 10 years working on it I might say the same thing.

I really don't get what people are so upset about. I've read a bunch of whinging that the writing was poor because the characters didn't do what the person complaining wanted.

That it was lazy because they didn't show a particular scene

My favorite is that it needed to be 10 episodes like previous years and they tried to fit too much in 6 episodes, which ignores the fact that the running time for seasons 7 and 8 are within a couple of minutes of the previous 6, less episodes but longer episodes.

But people keep complaining the season was shorter because there are less episodes and 4 more would have let them see all those off camera scenes and then it would have made more sense. Except the same people are complaining about the choices made for characters so they would just complain that there was four more episodes of the same choices.

We are just at the point where a bunch of people are feeding off each others negativity on social media and nobody is actually just accepting the story for what it is.

You see it with the fandom's a lot, they get toxic over the writers not following the fans ideas, when it wasn't the fans ideas that made them fans in the first place

yeah annoyed about Santa Clarita Diet
After Life you certainly don't want to be too down when you watch it
did some binging, finished both. Clarita had some very funny moments. After Life finished well, curious as to what happens in season 2.

Started watching "What we do in the Shadows" S01 - 3 eps in, its very funny, better than the movie from a few years ago.
Have Ozark cued up to watch next.

There is a real dearth of shows around at the moment. At least Elementary has come back for another season. Warrior continues to appeal. Haven't been able to get into Killing Eve S2, but there is not much else I am afraid.
I have to agree on this. I've stripped down a car, doing a lot of reading and spending time with kids.

Sounds like i almost have a life...

Yeah, but we know the ending.
We know the ending of all the epics - Roots, Schindlers List, Little House on the Prairie. It's the journey, not the destination (unless of course it is LHOTP).

Chernobyl and Wentworth's production values are through the roof - beautiful cinematography.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the first two episodes of Killing Eve last night (ABC iView).

Really engaging and looking forward to the rest of the series.
I hear good things

The Handmaid's Tale has gone downhill in season 3.

I missed Rake so am watching that. The first two seasons are immensely entertaining. Season 3 though is pretty poor.
I have just watched the first couple of episodes of Bloodline. Kyle Chandler is a brilliant actor and Ben Mendelsohn is a star.
The Last Czars will be next on my list.

Yes, this was excellent, I'd recommend it.

I've read the source material and, unsurprisingly, it has been watered down a lot, especially the Queen Maeve character.
She seems pretty cool at the moment - was she a bit more “Homelander” ?

( spoiler alert )

I think I’m only up to episode 3 or 4. I got a huge laugh from A-trains girlfriend squashing her landlords head - by sitting on it...

I am even getting used to Karl Urban’s Cockney / Aussie / Kiwi accent hack.

Not to mention the very inventive use of C4 explosive !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back