What are you doing tomorrow ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Going out for breakfast, watching Collingwood win the GF, watching the Ryder Cup and then watching Chelsea defeat Liverpool.

Copious amounts of alcohol will be consumed.

I don't buy in to the hype that to be a Dockers supporter means that you must always wish defeat for the Eagles. I would love a WA win but if it happens, there are some mates I won't be calling tomorrow.

I also hope that Chris Mayne plays a blinder and wins the Norm Smith. It will be the best $3 I've ever spent...

Going out for breakfast, watching Collingwood win the GF, watching the Ryder Cup and then watching Chelsea defeat Liverpool.

Copious amounts of alcohol will be consumed.
Don't climb the ladder old man when you are pissed if you try painting between events. ha ha

Last edited:
I'm going to a party, hosted by a one-eyed Eagles supporter. But most of his family are Dockers supporters so there's going to be people I can chat with that I haven't seen in a while, so I'm going anyway. I shall wear my Perth Scorchers shirt.

The host and a couple of his other Eagles mates, well it will be either Bedlam or a funeral after the game.

Sitting at home, getting increasingly drunk from around brunch-ish and hopefully collecting $800 for my $10 punt on Chopper for the Norm Smith, for his three goals and 27 tackles in match-winning performance for the ages. If the scum win, I'll probably get angry, then break some things, then sob uncontrollably into a hot mug of chai tea.

Saying my Hail Mundys tonight. Go Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was:

1. Invited to a 40th (some 3 months ago) of a woman who is a one-eyed weagle, married to a one-eyed Docker. Seriously, walking into their house is an assault on the senses. The house is divided into zones where each of them can display their team wares. Sadly I think the weag goes a bit harder than the Docker. My partner actually works with the Dockers one. I made her (my partner) call her work colleague and tell her that if the weags got in the GF, I couldn't come to the 40th because I wouldn't cope and I'd spit the dummy and likely chuck a hissy fit if the weags win. The colleague asked if I remembered who her team was? My partner replied, yes of course, but you chose to marry her so you don't have a choice but to be at her 40th. Partner is going. I am not.

2. Invited to a friend's place - she hates footy, but her partner is a weag supporter, and ran around for Subi back in the day when they were s**t - and she knows I love the footy so thought it would be fun to get together to watch the big game. I told her I would be out of the country.

I'm working - on a film I'm writing/directing from 12.30-5. Should just about cover it. Then I'll go home and watch the women's T20 Aus v NZ.

Beers and Barbie with mates. Luckily they are all Freo fans or apathetic to football so we are all going for the pies

Going to eagles mates dressed in yella and blue only to hav a toilet break b4 the first bounce and come out as joffa complete with gold jacket and hat !! Dont really give a s**t either way but leaning towards colonwood as i know less supporters

I was:

1. Invited to a 40th (some 3 months ago) of a woman who is a one-eyed weagle, married to a one-eyed Docker. Seriously, walking into their house is an assault on the senses. The house is divided into zones where each of them can display their team wares. Sadly I think the weag goes a bit harder than the Docker. My partner actually works with the Dockers one. I made her (my partner) call her work colleague and tell her that if the weags got in the GF, I couldn't come to the 40th because I wouldn't cope and I'd spit the dummy and likely chuck a hissy fit if the weags win. The colleague asked if I remembered who her team was? My partner replied, yes of course, but you chose to marry her so you don't have a choice but to be at her 40th. Partner is going. I am not.

2. Invited to a friend's place - she hates footy, but her partner is a weag supporter, and ran around for Subi back in the day when they were s**t - and she knows I love the footy so thought it would be fun to get together to watch the big game. I told her I would be out of the country.

I'm working - on a film I'm writing/directing from 12.30-5. Should just about cover it. Then I'll go home and watch the women's T20 Aus v NZ.
Working on a film? Id like to hear more about this. Sounds cool

BBQ at a mate's. Either going to get really drunk to celebrate the Pies winning, or get really, really, really drunk to try forget the eagles won... followed by deleting my FB and leaving town for a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back