What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

Remove this Banner Ad

Recently caught the Jane's Addiction/Smashing Pumpkins double header at the slightly ridiculous Kryal Castle.

Perry sounded great (once they sorted his vocals) and pranced like a hyper sexualised peacock, Stephen Perkins played like his life depended in it, and Josh Klinghoffer (filling in for Dave Navarro) all but stole the show. Hard act to follow.

The Pumpkins sounded equally great, Billy powered through despite a cold, James Iha was oddly deferential to a back up guitarist, Jimmy played a Neil Peart- esque size drum kit, and they were generous with the hits. Odd banter, a phoned in cover of ' Under The Milky Way' and a weird wrestling bit stilted the set...but there was more than enough good to cover the odd.

20230423_192834.jpg

20230423_204657.jpg

Recently caught the Jane's Addiction/Smashing Pumpkins double header at the slightly ridiculous Kryal Castle.

Perry sounded great (once they sorted his vocals) and pranced like a hyper sexualised peacock, Stephen Perkins played like his life depended in it, and Josh Klinghoffer (filling in for Dave Navarro) all but stole the show. Hard act to follow.

The Pumpkins sounded equally great, Billy powered through despite a cold, James Iha was oddly deferential to a back up guitarist, Jimmy played a Neil Peart- esque size drum kit, and they were generous with the hits. Odd banter, a phoned in cover of ' Under The Milky Way' and a weird wrestling bit stilted the set...but there was more than enough good to cover the odd.

View attachment 1700102
FMD, is that Perry Farrell?? He looks like a solid citizen these days!!

I was fortunate enough to see them play at the Metro back in 1991. My housemate back then was friends with the venue manager who got us in for free, and with poll position. Great concert, and Perry looked a tad different back in those days.

This was always my favorite Jane's Addiction song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back