What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad day,
Was only listening to Panama on youtube and visited this forum to find a post on the main board that the wonderful man has passed on not long after.
True legend of the rock music industry.
R.I.P Eddie

Jacob Collier is a musical genius. He can play almost any instrument and his song writing, arrangements and harmonies are outstanding. His songs are a progression from those of The Beach Boys, Crosby Still and Nash and Manhattan Transfer. If you haven't heard of him you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now, for something different.

Sigur Ros have somehow gone past their use by date for many, but there's still a lot there worth going back to.
I saw them at Festival Hall some years ago and the couple in front of me began to weep through one of their tracks.
That was as genuinely moving as for anything that Jonsi showed up through the concert. Glad I was there.

BTW - I think Jonsi has a new album out.

Time for an upgrade Geth.
Once you're hooked into BOC, there's no turning back. There's just nothing else like them......a theme to life.

Sigur Ros have somehow gone past their use by date for many, but there's still a lot there worth going back to.
I saw them at Festival Hall some years ago and the couple in front of me began to weep through one of their tracks.
That was as genuinely moving as for anything that Jonsi showed up through the concert. Glad I was there.

BTW - I think Jonsi has a new album out.
That song was my introduction to them. Heard it when it came out, and I was driving a truck through the city, towards the tail end of summer. It's exceedingly rare that Triple J played anything that different, and I wasn't sure what I was hearing, but I genuinely love that song.

It feels like both sides of grief to me; the bitter, heart wrenching pain, but also the sweet sadness and longing for the person now gone.

This was on the movie the life Aquatic with Bill Murray. I have been a fan ever since.

Blue night across the sky
Blue night over me
Disappeared out my window
With hands
Folded under cheek
Thinking about my day
Today and yesterday

I dress in the blue pajamas
Straight into bed
Spread the soft covers
Close my eyes
I hide my head under covers

A little elf stares at me
Runs towards me, but doesn't move
From its place - itself
Staring elf

I open my eyes
Wipe the crusts out
Stretch and check (whether I haven't)
Come back and everything is alright
Still something is missing
Like all the walls

(A little elf stares at me)
(Runs towards me)

From its place - itself
I am...
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/starálfur-staring-elf.html

That song was my introduction to them. Heard it when it came out, and I was driving a truck through the city, towards the tail end of summer. It's exceedingly rare that Triple J played anything that different, and I wasn't sure what I was hearing, but I genuinely love that song.

It feels like both sides of grief to me; the bitter, heart wrenching pain, but also the sweet sadness and longing for the person now gone.

I got into Sigur Ros many years ago and this clip alone would bring one to their knees.
I wasn't sure how I should feel about it, given what may have otherwise be seen as exploitation, but the bigger message was just wonderful.

There were other tracks/clips that filled the bill but this one just killed me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back