What are you listening to now - No. 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Finished watching the Velvet Underground documentary on Apple TV. While they were a band that took themselves way to seriously, they did produce one of the greatest and most influential albums of all time, despite it not selling at the time. Was a shame Lou Reed was unable to contribute to the Doco as he was the driving force behind the band. Was interesting to hear from Bowie and Jackson Browne.

sherb

Hall of Famer
Sep 28, 2003
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Swans
I'm going to get the new Doobies and Abba albums tomorrow.

Plus I inadvertently discovered this little power pop masterpiece recently.

download (4).jpg

Robbo's my hero

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2007
Sunbury
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
I was looking for something to watch last night and I chanced upon the ‘Classic Albums’ series on SBS. I‘ve watched these programs before and they fascinate me. I love it when they sit at the mixing console and they isolate the instrument to show you what the player is up to in this bit of the song.

I watched Black Sabbath last night and the making of ‘Paranoid’. No matter what, when you rocked up to someone’s house this was an LP you’d hear again and again. It still sounds sensational. Those riffs are eternal. Shout out to Tony, Bill, Geezer and Ozzie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VeinGlorious

Unaccommodating
Aug 21, 2009
Boom boom, ciao
AFL Club
Carlton
Right now I’m listening to a a couple of Gang Gang Cockatoos that infrequently visit me in my backyard.

They’re splendid creatures, and they sound similar to a creaky gate - unlike their squawkety squawkety cousins who rip my lawn to shreds and eat all the cones off my conifers :eek:

Later I might listen to some Johnny Cash.

David Sylvian

Club Legend
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
great song and my favourite reaction when understanding what was happening in the US at the time. Rage reactions just float my boat.

oh, it might have sweary bits too

Stig O'Hara

Premium Platinum
Sep 10, 2003
Exile
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton

Love the wacky things Spotify put in their lists.

It’s like Enya meets the Shins meets god knows what.😍👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad