What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

Remove this Banner Ad

this rap business - loses it's punch a little when wealthy white folk start talking like they've never been schooled "finkin' bout fings" part of their 'poor repressed angry me' ruse - idiotic fakery...........

This is playing in my car at the moment. I’m determined to get to the bottom of it.

This reviewer is not a fan of the album.

But this guy appears to be positive about the album.

The mystery for me is whether Brian Jones contributed to this album.

Thank god for WIKI.

The Rolling Stones

Additional personnel

Last edited:
Alice in Chains - Rooster

I have a wife, no kids yet, but this guy isn't making me look forward to it. Sounds deeply depressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm loving the version of this song that Spotify has added to one of my playlists lately, with the little acoustic bit at the start.

Then the guitar riff kicks in.
Sometimes I think I’m romanticising about how good music was around this time. Then I hear it and know it’s not imagined it’s on the money. I’ve never bought a Guess Who disc. All of my memories came via a small transistor radio and the battle of the ratings between 3AK and 3XY.

Bamboo Harvester mentioned No Time which as a sound is close to The Byrds. I put up American Woman and we’re lurching towards Deep Purple. And my favourite Albert Flasher is a song from the Shebeen with its boogie woogie piano.

Ok Robbo has settled down. Normal service can be resumed.

Sometimes I think I’m romanticising about how good music was around this time. Then I hear it and know it’s not imagined it’s on the money. I’ve never bought a Guess Who disc. All of my memories came via a small transistor radio and the battle of the ratings between 3AK and 3XY.

Bamboo Harvester mentioned No Time which as a sound is close to The Byrds. I put up American Woman and we’re lurching towards Deep Purple. And my favourite Albert Flasher is a song from the Shebeen with its boogie woogie piano.

Ok Robbo has settled down. Normal service can be resumed.
Oh yeah, Albert Flasher an absolute gem, Robbo....terrible name for a song, but nonetheless another Guess Who classic. Burton Cummings at his finest.

This is playing in my car at the moment. I’m determined to get to the bottom of it.

This reviewer is not a fan of the album.

But this guy appears to be positive about the album.

The mystery for me is whether Brian Jones contributed to this album.

Thank god for WIKI.

The Rolling Stones

Additional personnel

Gave it a listen.

It is the result of putting out 2 albums a year and trying too hard to keep up with the Beatles.

Really only 1 solid track and it is not one of their greatest. Next 3 or 4 records were better when they did their own thing.

Gave it a listen.

It is the result of putting out 2 albums a year and trying too hard to keep up with the Beatles.

Really only 1 solid track and it is not one of their greatest. Next 3 or 4 records were better when they did their own thing.
It’s their burden. Nobody took them seriously when they tried to be different. Don’t get me wrong The Stones rock and play great riffs but very few pick up on the subtle stuff.

Robbo remembers clearly when Abbey Road was released. In those days a Beatles release was a celebration which was enjoyed by a lot of people gathering at the house of the person who had the oscar to buy the LP. Then reverently the disc would be placed on the record player which was the size of a cosmetic case and the fun began.

It’s no surprise that the Beatles, George Martin and the people revolving around the Beatles universe were miserable however they still managed to produce some iconic songs.

I’m fascinated that my favourite track off the album was something he pinched off Chuck Berry but that’s OK. You may as well pinch off the best.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back