What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

Remove this Banner Ad

Next year celebrates the 50th anniversary of this classic!! Bonzo just 23yo when this was recorded at Headley Grange....

Led Zep were always a favourite.

1969. At a mate’s house. Little record player that looked like a cosmetics case. “Whole Lotta Love” over and over. I still turn up the radio when the song goes “boomp, boomp” and Jimmy‘s guitar goes apoplectic (just like me). Those were the days my friend.

1969. At a mate’s house. Little record player that looked like a cosmetics case. “Whole Lotta Love” over and over. I still turn up the radio when the song goes “boomp, boomp” and Jimmy‘s guitar goes apoplectic (just like me). Those were the days my friend.

I thought they’d never end da da da da

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here’s something for a rainy day (in New York City).

“The fact it's pretty easy to belt out on a guitar is one, (of the reasons it’s popular)" says Richard Kingsmill, ABC group music director. “The fact you can sing the song even with a s**t voice and still sound in key also helps."

Robbo’s ordering guitar strings online!

And play the The Mike Flowers Pops version of it. Has that “More I see You, The more I want you“ vibe.

Last edited:
Here’s something for a rainy day (in New York City).

“The fact it's pretty easy to belt out on a guitar is one, (of the reasons it’s popular)" says Richard Kingsmill, ABC group music director. “The fact you can sing the song even with a s**t voice and still sound in key also helps."

Robbo’s ordering guitar strings online!

And play the The Mike Flowers Pops version of it. Has that “More I see You, The more I want you“ vibe.
This song's like The Proclaimers '500 miles'. Timeless pop anthems.

Check out the guy on the left. Looks familiar.

Had an association with their manager. Such a dude with endless stories, living in the past.

Haven't stopped listening to this album. Brilliant although sometimes relying on too many references.
Can anyone pick t from this track?

My favourite current track from Opeth.

Tom Waits at his genius best.....the opening scene from 'Down by Law', a brilliant movie by Jim Jarmusch.

The first time I heard Tom was at my buddy's place back in the late 80's...we were stoned off our brains....and I was just blown away.

Haha you made me laugh . Tom was another level . Brilliant.

Don’t tease. Share.

I can't recall much at all, as they all start sounding similar after a while....You know how it goes. S, D and R&R. :)
Come to think of it, he was somewhat of a creepy character.

Now we know what Ciaran Byrne is up to. Looks like him to me.
Long track here but it's absolutely stunning......and it will be the drumming that is simply jaw-dropping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still recall where I was when I first heard the following LZ tracks -

Rock n Roll - At a friends place watching him try to play Smoke on the Water....LZ = great. Friend = Complete fail :)
Kashmir - At work and it came across he radio and I thought, WTF. Had all the elements I liked at that time sewn into one track. The song I wanted to write.

It's funny when one looks back in this way.
The mid 70s had me searching for a new sound and one I heard in my head and then I bought this album and heard this....There it was. Unbelievable.

I still recall where I was when I first heard the following LZ tracks -

Rock n Roll - At a friends place watching him try to play Smoke on the Water....LZ = great. Friend = Complete fail :)
Kashmir - At work and it came across he radio and I thought, WTF. Had all the elements I liked at that time sewn into one track. The song I wanted to write.

It's funny when one looks back in this way.
The mid 70s had me searching for a new sound and one I heard in my head and then I bought this album and heard this....There it was. Unbelievable.

My musical taste covered many genres (and I loved Prog Rock). I knew of Hawkwind but I cannot remember seeking the band out. My collection had plenty of Pink Floyd and Yes among others. I knew of King Crimson and Jethro Tull (who probably skated in and out of the scene).

When I was in London in 2011 my wife arranged for us to go on a rock and roll tour. Lots of references to The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. However I can still see in my mind the round building where people would attend a show where Pink Floyd and Hawkwind featured. No doubt it would have been an epic experience.

My musical taste covered many genres (and I loved Prog Rock). I knew of Hawkwind but I cannot remember seeking the band out. My collection had plenty of Pink Floyd and Yes among others. I knew of King Crimson and Jethro Tull (who probably skated in and out of the scene).

When I was in London in 2011 my wife arranged for us to go on a rock and roll tour. Lots of references to The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. However I can still see in my mind the round building where people would attend a show where Pink Floyd and Hawkwind featured. No doubt it would have been an epic experience.

In 1984, a friend and I went to London to see Hawkwind.
Most could not understand that we'd travel to the other side of the world just to see a band.
What brought that about was my friend and I walking out of a nightclub in Melbourne, just sick of the scene...I turned to him and asked; Want to go to the UK to see Hawkwind to which he replied, "Let's go" I love friends like that. When one is young take chances.....do s**t on the spur of the moment.....you won't regret it. You will only regret not doing things as the years go by.

We flew over for only a couple of weeks and saw Hawkwind and Marillion, but those two weeks still hold more valued memories than for the rest of that whole year. I think we got bang for buck. :) For what it's worth though, Marillion were more fun. Hammersmith Odeon went crazy.

I’m still binging on Steven Wilson . Help me Harks . He is brilliant. Technically, construction and wow a singer.

I love him and for good reason. He's someone that's dedicated his life to his craft.
Listen to some of his interviews, where he discusses his music to be his wife. I just love this level of dedication, albeit it may sound odd to some people.
He's also able to invite some of the best musicians and collaborators into his world.

Wilson and Akerfeldt (Opeth) have been in tune for some time and their collaboration was ..... at least to me....wonderful -

I love him and for good reason. He's someone that's dedicated his life to his craft.
Listen to some of his interviews, where he discusses his music to be his wife. I just love this level of dedication, albeit it may sound odd to some people.
He's also able to invite some of the best musicians and collaborators into his world.

Wilson and Akerfeldt (Opeth) have been in tune for some time and their collaboration was ..... at least to me....wonderful -

I know this is weird but I would put him on our coaching panel .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back