What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
I heard this for the first time last night and love the singers voice. A real Summer Love in, Howzat for the in the know! Get a Wiggle on.

Last edited:

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Listening to "Is this it" because my son just saw them live in Miami. He was 2 when I bought the debut album. Just a little bit jealous. Apparently Julian was very funny between songs

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
These guys had hit after hit when I was an impressionable young fellow, but I wasn’t alone, this song was the very first record that Eddie Van Halen every bought.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Finished watching the Velvet Underground documentary on Apple TV. While they were a band that took themselves way to seriously, they did produce one of the greatest and most influential albums of all time, despite it not selling at the time. Was a shame Lou Reed was unable to contribute to the Doco as he was the driving force behind the band. Was interesting to hear from Bowie and Jackson Browne.

I'm going to get the new Doobies and Abba albums tomorrow.

Plus I inadvertently discovered this little power pop masterpiece recently.

download (4).jpg

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
I was looking for something to watch last night and I chanced upon the ‘Classic Albums’ series on SBS. I‘ve watched these programs before and they fascinate me. I love it when they sit at the mixing console and they isolate the instrument to show you what the player is up to in this bit of the song.

I watched Black Sabbath last night and the making of ‘Paranoid’. No matter what, when you rocked up to someone’s house this was an LP you’d hear again and again. It still sounds sensational. Those riffs are eternal. Shout out to Tony, Bill, Geezer and Ozzie.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Right now I’m listening to a a couple of Gang Gang Cockatoos that infrequently visit me in my backyard.

They’re splendid creatures, and they sound similar to a creaky gate - unlike their squawkety squawkety cousins who rip my lawn to shreds and eat all the cones off my conifers :eek:

Later I might listen to some Johnny Cash.

Back