What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot's of early Jeff Lang today. Must have seen him a dozen times in concert...had such a rich run of albums in the late 90s, early 00s. Not as much of a fan of the last four or five albums, but hey, he's doing his thing. Guitar wizardry aside, just great songwriting...

Last edited:

Lot's of early Jeff Lang today. Must have seen him a dozen times in concert...had such a rich run of albums in the late 90s, early 00s. Not as much of a fan of the last four or five albums, but hey, he's doing his thing. Guitar wizardry aside, just great songwriting...
Everyone give the boy from Ballarat a squiz if you haven't seen him live.

Thanks for sharing.

Those songs with him singing and playing guitar are crisp and beautiful to the ear.

While we’re talking Jeff Lang, here’s some of the late Chris Whitley who recorded with him. Never caught them live, which I regret. Producer Daniel Lanois was on a roll during this period. This album was just one of the classics.

I’m lost in a world of solo albums by Pete Townshend today.

The Who is my second favourite band of all time but without Pete there’d be no band. He sang, played guitars, keyboards and drums and would take completed demos to the band knowing Daltrey was a better singer, Entwistle a better bass player and Moon a better drummer. Hence the classic Who sound. He’s released some of these demos on a series of recordings called Scoop.

And the song on Who’s Next.

This is one of the great bridges of all time and it’s because of Keith and the Ox. And Roger’s vocal is pretty cool.

And AC/DC pinched Pete’s riff at the end of the bridge and used it on Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. Or is that High Voltage? Cheeky buggers.😂

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back