Music What are you listening to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

For ticky

So much quality new music out over the last couple of months, would be posting here non stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for DKM track! Love those guys, and that song is hilarious
DKMs did a isolated gig at Fenway Park last week, the boss joined in, great viewing, YouTube it.

So as you may or may not know, I'm a huge soundtrack fan. Movie & TV both.

This list is a couple of years old but still pretty much spot on for movies from a compilation genre view. And yes, I've seen them all and got every soundtrack.

I'd only call out the orchestra music soundtracks have been completely completely ignored but lets give them their own category and move on:D:cool:
Enjoy.

A number of my absolute favourites are on that list. Delighted to see Paris Texas made the list. One that could have been included is Apocalypse Now. The Doors 'The End' overlaid with chopper blades whirring sticks in my brain.

This list is a couple of years old but still pretty much spot on for movies from a compilation genre view. And yes, I've seen them all and got every soundtrack.

I'd only call out the orchestra music soundtracks have been completely completely ignored but lets give them their own category and move on:D:cool:
Enjoy.

Impossible to name all but some glaring omissions from earlier films. Musicals, rock operas not allowed? Glad to see Dogs in Space there, still have the vinyl.

Impossible to name all but some glaring omissions from earlier films. Musicals, rock operas not allowed? Glad to see Dogs in Space there, still have the vinyl.
Yeah, if I wanted to pick it apart I'd start with composed scores and work my way back.

Musicals as a movie always a bit of different as 99% of the time they've stated off on Broadway etc. so I feel the context for those in a movie is completely different from a narrative perspective

Yeah, if I wanted to pick it apart I'd start with composed scores and work my way back.

Musicals as a movie always a bit of different as 99% of the time they've stated off on Broadway etc. so I feel the context for those in a movie is completely different from a narrative perspective
Tommy, Quadrophenia, all the Disney animated movies going way way back etc. The last couple of decades have been the opposite where they started as movies and became stage musicals eg all the Disney ones, Billy Elliot, Muriels Wedding, Shrek etc. Bran New dae fits the musical definition. Wild at Heart should be there aswell, without Lynch (yeah I know Blue Velvet made it) Tarantino wouldn't exist. But yes, good attempt by the abc.

Enjoy.

Soundtracks have been growing really heavily on me too, mainly gaming ones. Orchestral music can be ridiculously powerful.

Enjoy.

I really like the Zero Zero Zero soundtrack (though the series itself annoyed me). I loved listening to the intro but I am biased towards Mogwai.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back