What are you listening to right now? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My top five fave hip-hop verses of all-time (in chronological order)

Melle Mel's clean-up verse on "The Message"
Redman on "Headbanger"
Jeru ripping "Come Clean"
Prodigy on "Shook Ones Pt. II"
And this guy:

Check this s**t out StuMan, I'm in f@%king tears, especially at the end when he's about to combust, lmao...

Last edited:
My top five fave hip-hop verses of all-time (in chronological order)

Melle Mel's clean-up verse on "The Message"
Redman on "Headbanger"
Jeru ripping "Come Clean"
Prodigy on "Shook Ones Pt. II"
And this guy:

Check this s**t out StuMan, I'm in f@%king tears, especially at the end when he's about to combust, lmao...
lol. The way the video abruptly ends leads me to believe he may have exactly combusted.

Had a squiz at the original 'all time' JJJ hottest 100 polls and noticed The The - Uncertain Smile was #3 in 89 and #4 in 1990. Punk/post Punk and new wave are heavily featured but I'm surprised that song was so high on the list. I don't think I've met anyone who knows the band (as opposed to other high ranked bands like Joy Division or The Cure). If any song from theirs was there I would have thought it This Is The Day.

Had a squiz at the original 'all time' JJJ hottest 100 polls and noticed The The - Uncertain Smile was #3 in 89 and #4 in 1990. Punk/post Punk and new wave are heavily featured but I'm surprised that song was so high on the list. I don't think I've met anyone who knows the band (as opposed to other high ranked bands like Joy Division or The Cure). If any song from theirs was there I would have thought it This Is The Day.

Doesn't surprise me.

The demographic for JJJ back then was very different to what it became in the mid 90s and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't surprise me.

The demographic for JJJ back then was very different to what it became in the mid 90s and beyond.
The all time poll in 1998 sees the likes of Joy Division, The The, New Order and The Cure from the 89 poll replaced in the top ten with Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Queen and U2.

It goes from being cool to being extremely dad rock very quickly

Dusk by The The is a fantastically crafted album

Well worth the listen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back