Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
i cant get into the new album. im sure i'd dig it live but live music doesnt exist anymore
I love that the Amyl gig I was supposed to go to in March got postponed to September. How optimistic was that? Still won't be able to get a pint for at least another 3 weeks.

I just listened to the new IDLES record now and it seemed pretty good. I loved Model Village from the singles, the rest of them were good but that was a standout. Will definitely be giving it more spins.

Brutalism is still their best for me and their increasingly kinda optimism tinged direction isn't really for me. Feels a bit too on the nose. Prefer that Brutalism antagonism from Joe rather than the love conquers hate type s**t. BUt maybe I've got too much brain rot from cynicism. I still enjoy all their stuff.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I love that the Amyl gig I was supposed to go to in March got postponed to September. How optimistic was that? Still won't be able to get a pint for at least another 3 weeks.

I just listened to the new IDLES record now and it seemed pretty good. I loved Model Village from the singles, the rest of them were good but that was a standout. Will definitely be giving it more spins.

Brutalism is still their best for me and their increasingly kinda optimism tinged direction isn't really for me. Feels a bit too on the nose. Prefer that Brutalism antagonism from Joe rather than the love conquers hate type sh*t. BUt maybe I've got too much brain rot from cynicism. I still enjoy all their stuff.

yeah that's pretty much exactly how i feel
this love and positivity conquers all thing just doesn't ring true at all with the current state of the world

i have tickets to chelsea wolfe and emma ruth rundle in melb that was july and they rescheduled until july 2021... i hope it happens but i dunno. im not sure about gigs at half capacity with social distancing and stuff.

im hoping the dark mofo festival runs next year and they come up with some inventive s**t. using MONA as a venue with people spread out could definitely work.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
yeah that's pretty much exactly how i feel
this love and positivity conquers all thing just doesn't ring true at all with the current state of the world

i have tickets to chelsea wolfe and emma ruth rundle in melb that was july and they rescheduled until july 2021... i hope it happens but i dunno. im not sure about gigs at half capacity with social distancing and stuff.

im hoping the dark mofo festival runs next year and they come up with some inventive sh*t. using MONA as a venue with people spread out could definitely work.
It definitely has a feeling of opening up to a broader liberal appeal.

I've got tickets to a few things still. I haven't been refunded for a comedy show that was supposed to happen in April and I can't seem to track that down. Wavves was supposed to play in April and I doubt that'll happen but they're still holding my money and saying it's gonna happen. Amyl I don't mind, they're in Melbourne, it'll probably be the first thing I see when it comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back