What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon

One of the most nostalgic early 2000s songs that i can think of....

This used to be on radio a lot, and was one of the few times a modern day great song made it to mainstream radio...

That was a time when we had "Queens of the Stone age" Little Sister, "The Strokes" 12:51, "Outkast" Hey Ya!, "the White Stripes" Seven Nation Army and "The Darkness" IBITCL, all on commercial radio at the same time....

can you imagine that happening now???

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
i cant stop listening to this song.
as a general rule im a "I like your old stuff better than your new stuff" kind of guy but every record this woman puts out gets better and better.
using her own name for this now that Teeth and Tongue is more of a colaborative thing. hopefully there's an album to follow.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Obsessed with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC

check out the slick move at about 4:15

i kinda fell down an SRV youtube rabbit hole after seeing the clip you posted (i hadnt listened to his stuff in years) and ended up at this gem.
this is why i love youtube. i'd probably never have seen it otherwise.

lion around

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
Outer Nowhere.
Other Teams
Fitzroy
check out the slick move at about 4:15

i kinda fell down an SRV youtube rabbit hole after seeing the clip you posted (i hadnt listened to his stuff in years) and ended up at this gem.
this is why i love youtube. i'd probably never have seen it otherwise.

Yep I was lucky enough to grow up with a Jazz Muso father, and i played for many years. Then a childhood friend turned up after many years and we started a Blues band because of guys like this. His Phrasing and the way he held notes out was Awesome. I remember A quote by Miles Davis that said it not the what you play it what you ( Don't Play ) meaning the extensions between notes.

One of the most nostalgic early 2000s songs that i can think of....

This used to be on radio a lot, and was one of the few times a modern day great song made it to mainstream radio...

That was a time when we had "Queens of the Stone age" Little Sister, "The Strokes" 12:51, "Outkast" Hey Ya!, "the White Stripes" Seven Nation Army and "The Darkness" IBITCL, all on commercial radio at the same time....

can you imagine that happening now???

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Definitely listening to the Cosmic Psychos after work tonight. Knighty is one of the few Tigers fans I'm happy for this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back