What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Kudos to Mick and Keith for writing and first performing this
Actually, the story goes that Mick had nothing to do with the writing on this one. Keith and Brian Jones wrote it together with - by his own admission - no input from Mick.

LeakyValve

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ole Miley. C, she goes alright(pls don't hate me)

Posted this before Twoie, and I hate to be that bloke, but reckon Angelina kills Miley's version (considering she was 13). FWIW I don't get the hate for Miley. Maybe it is her old man.

As for her version of Falling Into You. That was excellent. Think I prefer it to the original.
Hope Sandoval!!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Collingwood
... Here is a half-forgotten curiosity piece for you.
More than just a curiosity piece - those three Dutch sisters pop- country singers of Polish refugee parents could seriously sing - especially the gap toothed one in the middle. This was actually a massive worldwide hit - and would've been much bigger still except for contractual disputes that delayed its release for a year in the UK and Australia and it was never released at all in the USA! - yet it sold over 5 million, reaching # 1 in 15 countries, not just through Europe but also
Latin America and Asia in 1975 then a year later it knocked off Abba's Dancing Queen from # 1 when finally released
in the U.K. but only got to # 2 in Australia - and was their only single released here. Australia got saturated with Abba
but never got to hear enough from Pussycat.

Anyway, this is the last thing I just listened to, straight from 1959-

Back