What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Any Nick Drake album is worth a listen. It just breaks my heart that these artists aren't recognist until they have past.

I'm currently into The Saints. We all know I'm Stranded and Know Your Product. There is so much more to them (or Chris Bailey)

Pink Moon is so good.

Pink Moon is so good.

I love "Road" off that album. Something about that fingerpicking pattern, plus the lyrics. A song I wouldn't mind being played at my funeral. I really relate to the lyrics.

I think my favourite is Bryter Layter. Which is probably the most produced of his as far as instrumentation goes. "Northern Sky" is a thing of beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May as well join in the OK boomer nostalgia trip. The wonderful B. Cadd and the criminally underrated G. Shorrock.
Not one of Brian's best, but great to sing along to. Camera cables all over the joint.

And I may have posted this before, but it is a lot of fun to watch these girls who occasionally use to back Brian. Acres and acres of big hair. Mainly the blokes.

As I'm currently listening to The Saints I'll post one of theirs. I like the nostalgic video clips showing remote Australia:

I was shocked that this song was from The Saints (the punk/power pop band). Everytime it comes on the radio it's catchy as all get out, but i never knew who it was for a long time. You can tell it's his voice, but still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back