DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
I'm not a massive fan of Echo & The Bunnymen, though I can see why this song was so influential on British rock artists: the jangling strings to begin the song, those swirling synths and the sheets of electric guitar fuzz, along with the commanding vocals, give the song a certain mystique, but with a hint of danger:

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Alter Bridge is back mother *ers, and it's a chooooooooooon

Best since Fortress

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Last night I watched Hitsville: The Making Of Motown.
The Making of Motown is a story about how Motown Records in Detroit was built and how it impacted the world during the American civil rights era. Fascinating stuff with more music stars than you could imagine. While Motown recorded black artists they employed blacks, whites and women in managerial positions, a first for that time. If you like music this is a must.

I watched it on ABC iview.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
The Andrews Sisters. Yes, they really were sisters. My mum had a lot of Andrews Sisters records and as little kid she would stack them up for me. I would sit in front of the old mono HMV Radiogram with the lovely warm sound and listen for hours to all her Andrews Sisters records. They started singing together when Patty (the lead singer) was 7. She does a great job on this version of the song, which is taken from the Abbot and Costello movie "Buck Privates".

Last edited:

Shai

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Last night I watched Hitsville: The Making Of Motown.
The Making of Motown is a story about how Motown Records in Detroit was built and how it impacted the world during the American civil rights era. Fascinating stuff with more music stars than you could imagine. While Motown recorded black artists they employed blacks, whites and women in managerial positions, a first for that time. If you like music this is a must.

I watched it on ABC iview.
Got to just over an hour and the bloody thing packed it in, wasn't able to get it back and will give it another go today but brilliant!

Remove this Banner Ad