What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno about classic tune but I do like Green Day. When I think classic it's something more like this -

Or maybe this -

Those 2 are 'softer' songs but I also like heavy metal & anywhere in between. 'spose you can find them in any musical time or genre.

You must be older than me... ? No disrespect, I do listen to older tuns but a classic to me is something with movement and wont send me to sleep.

Lovely track The Big Ship.

I have never heard them thank you,they remind me of Stereolab which I own many albums of and actually saw them at the P.O.W. a long time ago and they were fantastic.

The High Llamas,I have a new band to love.

I have put an old christmas carol in the thread Carol Of The Bells which I love,this is the original Ukraine version.

Glad you like it :) They've got a good sized discography, some great albums. Very Stereolab-ish i agree. Glad you got see them, one of my favourites

You must be older than me... ? No disrespect, I do listen to older tuns but a classic to me is something with movement and wont send me to sleep.
No disrespect to you either but it's not an age thing.

I work with a 21yo guy that listens to music from the early 1900's, he's opened my eyes to new tunes!

I work with a 21yo guy that listens to music from the early 1900's, he's opened my eyes to new tunes!
Oh sorry really didn't mean it like that my husband is a lot older than me but I do listen to many older tunes. I was meaning in a 'misguided' way that I classic tune to me must be... ? Can't really think but have meaning and strong rhythm.

There was a great show in the 80’s on 3CR that played music from the very early 1900s on an early Sunday night.

Is 3CR still around? (am dial).

P.S. Wow,the show is still going.

https://www.3cr.org.au/nostalgiaunlimited

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back