What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Was surprised it was from the 80's as I hear that sound a fair bit in the more undergroundish, indy releases of today. There's one in particular that is right on the tip of my ears but cannot for the life of me remember the name...lmao...definitely a very seminal sound in the context of today's(well, this century, at least) releases, though. Love it!

jaaack

All Australian
Jun 17, 2007
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Was surprised it was from the 80's as I hear that sound a fair bit in the more undergroundish, indy releases of today. There's one in particular that is right on the tip of my ears but cannot for the life of me remember the name...lmao...definitely a very seminal sound in the context of today's(well, this century, at least) releases, though. Love it!

Glad you liked it! The stuff on Terminal Tower was recorded and released 1975-1980. It's a compilation of early singles and b-sides. You should definitely go ahead and check out The Modern Dance and Dub Housing by Pere Ubu (both 1978). New Picnic Time is worthwhile too but a bit more out-there and not quite as good.

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Glad you liked it! The stuff on Terminal Tower was recorded and released 1975-1980. It's a compilation of early singles and b-sides. You should definitely go ahead and check out The Modern Dance and Dub Housing by Pere Ubu (both 1978). New Picnic Time is worthwhile too but a bit more out-there and not quite as good.

Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out!

Back