What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

The harmonies on display here...wowwee, otherworldly...recommend headphones to extract the full nutrients on offer

There has been some classic Tiny Desk performances over the years.
This is good, so many crammed into the room, good vibes!

For no reason - kind of like Al Bundy in that episode of Married With Children when he's trying to remember the lyrics to "Anna" - I just started thinking about this song chorus earlier in the day, although I've never owned a copy of the record, and only heard it once on a uni radio show over 30 years ago.

This is what youtube is for, to track down those obscure memories - and because when I followed up looking to see how much a copy of an original would sell for, there's someone in Sydney who wants $220 for it. Yeah. Nah. (btw - its not on the album "Scooter" shown at the beginning of the vid)

The Mice - Not Proud of The USA

A curious thing about this is that it would be one of the few songs that fits into the niche genre of the power pop protest song. While its from the Reagan era I shudder to think how the MAGA folk might react to hearing this on a July 4th.

Last edited:
Once again, Toehider

Completely ******* obsessed with Michael Mills' work

The best voice I've heard since Miles Kennedy. Only usurped by his songwriting capabilities.

I could chuck about 30 songs here to demonstrate his wonder

Best way to describe him is a metally, proggy, 80s synthy, occiasionally djenty Queen. And a Godly storyteller

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has been some classic Tiny Desk performances over the years.
This is good, so many crammed into the room, good vibes!

Indeed. What a great channel and that recording is a ripper - one of my faves. That entire band = quality...but Derek Trucks, wowwee, sings with that thing. Maestro(that probably most people have never heard of).

Encore ~

I've only listened to a couple of Cory Wong's Podcasts so far, they feature a lot of the greatest guitar players (of all sorts) currently around.
Have a look at the musicians involved, you won't be disappointed.
There are 39 episodes so far with each one about an hour long.
Terrific listening.

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/wong-notes/

This is an ad Cory did for Fender on his Stratocaster it will give you an idea of how well he can play.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back