What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

What do these 3 Songs and Marianne Faithful all have in common?

Gene Pitney. He wrote, "He's a Rebel" and "Hello Mary Lou". He played piano on the Rolling Stones song "Little by Little" and co wrote the song. Marianne Faithful described him in her autobiography, as the best lay she ever had.

Last edited:
All time stuff. Groundbreaking. What a groove! Still great more than half a century later.

His music, particularly his early stuff that he recorded for Atlantic (like that one), is phenomenal.

Everyone knows that Bon Scott was in ACDC.

What was he doing before then?

He was the singer in a band called Fraternity from SA. They did OK and had a few moderate hits.

What was he doing before Fraternity? Bon was teamed with Vince Lovegrove as dual lead singers in a group called the Valentines. They had a couple of Hits.
I would think that Bon would probably wince if he saw these videos when he was with ACDC.

And before the Valentines there was The Spektors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

live set of mr's piss self-surgery ep. chelsea wolfe side-band

just found out the vivian girls had reformed. so been playing new and old, and check out la sera again.

after all that filth i like to watch something from the obscene extreme fest. good to see it go around another year.

All time stuff. Groundbreaking. What a groove! Still great more than half a century later.

His music, particularly his early stuff that he recorded for Atlantic (like that one), is phenomenal.
A genius, already in the rock'n'roll and R&B Halls of Fame, just 3 months ago, Ray was posthumously inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, just the third African-American to be inducted. -

A genius, already in the rock'n'roll and R&B Halls of Fame, just 3 months ago, Ray was posthumously inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, just the third African-American to be inducted. -
Amen.

Of the other two, I'm guessing Charlie Pride is one of them...who's the other?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back