What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

The Fantastic Expedition of Dillard and Clark. Great album of country/bluegrass/traditional southern white boy music, tinged with green smoke!
The album blurb in the pic posted sums it up.
56688527-3C0A-4345-B2B5-BE51907A8592.jpeg
E3862EE2-7887-4983-B324-2F5C4D365A3D.jpeg

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
I hadn't heard this for years when it suddenly started playing on my walkman. Mega hit for Arlo Guthrie, son of the legendary Woody.
Such a great story and based on fact. It was the protest song of the time.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
My feeling is that it totally takes away the singers ability to express emotion.
Adele is a great example, she flat out refuses to use or have it applied to her voice at any stage of recording or mixing.
That's because she's an actual singer. Now, I'm not a fan of her music. Not my thing that's all, but she can sing. Sadly, when it comes to contemporary commercial music, she's in the minority.

That LP at the top is about as perfect a rock album as there is. It's timelessness belies it's age.

Yep, that’s a new addition to the vinyl collection. Owned it for years, but never on vinyl. Money well spent!
PS: The live album to the right of it goes alright as well!

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Sunday Blues…

Have to check my calendar as to whether CCR are back in or back out of fashion. Has the Big Lebowski effect worn off yet?

Love it. Played Ramble Tamble for my teen son and he asked if they were real instruments, and I said yeah, and that that is how the singer really sounds. He don't believe me, skeptical bugga.

Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Has the Big Lebowski effect worn off yet?
Not yet. Not sure it ever will.
Love it. Played Ramble Tamble for my teen son and he asked if they were real instruments, and I said yeah, and that that is how the singer really sounds. He don't believe me, skeptical bugga.
Can't blame him when you listen to what's around these days. Are there any decent male vocalists around now?

Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wonderful.
Duane's time with Derek Dominos was a great collaboration also. I dig Anyday and the blistering version of Hendrik's Little Wing.
Apparently they heard that Hendrix had died while they were making the album and did it as a tribute to Jimi. Sadly, only a year later Duane was gone too.

That Dominos album is one of the best double albums ever. Has there ever been a better guitar combo than Duane Allman and Eric Clapton?

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Apparently they heard that Hendrix had died while they were making the album and did it as a tribute to Jimi. Sadly, only a year later Duane was gone too.

That Dominos album is one of the best double albums ever. Has there ever been a better guitar combo than Duane Allman and Eric Clapton?
I picked up Layla and Assorted decades ago on a hunch, beautiful cover and heavy wrapping that I couldn't take off without buying it.

The hunch paid off. It's a desert island album. Duane more than held his own and provided a further dimension. Really fcukin great. Then that led me to the A Brothers.

Btw, what a drop dead gorgeous lass was Patty Boyd!

LeakyValve

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
"Epic" lyrics. Something lost in translation along the way maybe.
Treat as MA15 but is OK if the kiddies or your work mates don't understand Japanese.
Or can read.

Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
It's a desert island album. Duane more than held his own and provided a further dimension. Really fcukin great. Then that led me to the A Brothers.
That was my introduction to Brother Duane also. You're spot on about him more than holding his own. I actually rate him even higher than Clapton (and Eric never made another as good as this album) and I've got him very high.

Back