What are you listening to right now? - Part 1 (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This album came out the same year as the Strapping self titled album and apparently is the reason that's such a substandard offering compared to City and Alien who came immediately before and after. He was spending most of his time on Accelerated Evolution.

I was a Strapping purist up until like a month ago when I remembered Ocean Machine exists and since then I've been on a huge Devin bender. Of course he's playing in Melbourne like tonight or tomorrow or something and I'm too late to make it there.
I know one of their songs

I know one of their songs
I keep wanting to call his non-Strapping stuff solo work, but while that's true Strapping was also kind of solo anyhow. He was always by far the primary songwriter on everything he did. So Ocean Machine is just Devin Townsend wearing a different hat and he decided to call the album Biomech but no-one refers to it like that. It's more prog rock than Strapping Young Lad is, and it's catchy as *. These are three out of the last four tracks:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep wanting to call his non-Strapping stuff solo work, but while that's true Strapping was also kind of solo anyhow. He was always by far the primary songwriter on everything he did. So Ocean Machine is just Devin Townsend wearing a different hat and he decided to call the album Biomech but no-one refers to it like that. It's more prog rock than Strapping Young Lad is, and it's catchy as ****. These are three out of the last four tracks:

Good to see some Heavy Devy posts. Went to Melbourne Wednesday night to see his show. What a performer and what a show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back