What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

"Pray for us". Yep. But just saying it like that sounds scary. The worst thing we can do right now is let our fear voice win. I'm thinking more of this might be needed:

Me, I'm sitting somewhere between the two. I'm taking all the proper recommended physical precautions, but it's so much more than that. This is so much bigger than what most people are talking about, and I get that because right now the focus is on saving people's lives. But we're now very much in a period of decay, and the falling away of old belief systems. The old philosophies of tribalism are withering, the 3D ideas about every man for himself - the jobs, the money - it was all an illusion. It's not real, it's just institutions we created as structures to keep us all in place. What we're learning now is that we need each other.

After decay comes expansion, and people are going to want to hold on to the old ways because that's what they know. But the old ways are proving to be causing us more harm than good. Right now has the potential to be one of the greatest periods for learning we have traveled as a species. That is the silver lining of this virus. A gift, if you can see it that way. We're being offered a chance to get it right when we rebuild from this.

But all that being said, I don't think we're anywhere near seeing the other side of this thing. Certainly not in the next month, and probably not for much longer beyond that. It's like how forest fires burn underground for sometimes a year before they're considered completely out. We'll be seeing spot fires everywhere. So do more grounding people, with this gift of quiet downtime, this metaphoric STOP sign from the Universe. The winds could be blowing very hard over the course of April.

Purely coincidental i am sure, but only on Sunday night past, i rewatched the 2007 movie Across the Universe, mainly because after catching up with the new series of Westworld, i wanted to see Evan Rachel Wood singing It Wont be Long again, was a great distraction, and have to admit that i found myself singing along to the 30+ Beatles songs from go to whoa :)

Jon Gomm:

Some of the great blind shreader Jeff Healey. I can relate to that:

Gary with a ripping cover, R.I.P:

And just to round it all out some completely unrelated old Urge Overkill doing Hot Chocolate; *in awesome:

My old band used to cover that last Rose Tattoo song, badly.

I always loved it.

Yeah so I'm just gonna keep on a roll, uncool, whatever.

I've always gravitated towards electric blues and it always got the hair standing up on the back of the neck when I played drums to it.

Kenny Wayne:

One more for the oldies.

These guys were always a complete anomoly and I can always relate to that really & anybody with a heavy Hendrix bent was always worthy of my respect.

Great band, a bit hit and miss, but when they hit, they hit hard:

So it's no secret I've been into this guy for a long, long time and this is one of my favourite channels on youtube.

Rick Beato deconstructs some very good music and explains it all in laymans terms.

It's really informative for aspiring musicians, but also for the regular man interested in the construction of music as an art form:

One of my all-time faves deconstructed for those interested:

Purely coincidental i am sure, but only on Sunday night past, i rewatched the 2007 movie Across the Universe, mainly because after catching up with the new series of Westworld, i wanted to see Evan Rachel Wood singing It Wont be Long again, was a great distraction, and have to admit that i found myself singing along to the 30+ Beatles songs from go to whoa :)

I loved that movie, mutts! Might have to pull out the dvd and rewatch it in these pandemic times.

Here you go -

I thought Jim Sturgess and Evan Rachel Wood both did a great job with the songs. All the cast were great, really. Didn't tarnish a single track, and most were just as good, some even better than the originals.

My personal fave scene -

Also had a great ending. -Spoiler alert everyone - does he get the girl? Of course he does! :heart::musicalnote:

Thanks for sending me down the rabbit holes, muttley45!

I loved that movie, mutts! Might have to pull out the dvd and rewatch it in these pandemic times.

Here you go -

I thought Jim Sturgess and Evan Rachel Wood both did a great job with the songs. All the cast were great, really. Didn't tarnish a single track, and most were just as good, some even better than the originals.

My personal fave scene -

Also had a great ending. -Spoiler alert everyone - does he get the girl? Of course he does! :heart::musicalnote:

Thanks for sending me down the rabbit holes, muttley45!

So many little nuggets in there, Joe Cocker, Bono, Jeff Beck, and that Dana Fuchs can really belt out a tune :thumbsu:

One more for the oldies.

These guys were always a complete anomoly and I can always relate to that really & anybody with a heavy Hendrix bent was always worthy of my respect.

Great band, a bit hit and miss, but when they hit, they hit hard:

Vernon Reid an outstanding guitarist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like your question may have been missed there, Grogg.

Fortunately there's a simple solution. Should only take a quick second for one of our benevolent, all-powerful overlords to clear this one up......

Twinkletoes King Corey Flawed Genius The Filth Wizard

The posters contributing to the last half a dozen or so pages of this thread have been:

- myself, Grogg, ferbs, blackshadow, Sopwiths, andana, koshari, Hojuman, GarnerSmash, and muttley45.

Before I consign this (hopefully) brief thread derailment to the file marked 'product of a vivid imagination', could one (or more) of you good Mod folk please confirm for us whether or not any of the above-named posters are one and the same person?

(And if so, why haven't you banned their other account yet? :stern look)

Y'all looking lovable from what I see.

tenor.gif

Looks like your question may have been missed there, Grogg.

Fortunately there's a simple solution. Should only take a quick second for one of our benevolent, all-powerful overlords to clear this one up......

Twinkletoes King Corey Flawed Genius The Filth Wizard

The posters contributing to the last half a dozen or so pages of this thread have been:

- myself, Grogg, ferbs, blackshadow, Sopwiths, andana, koshari, Hojuman, GarnerSmash, and muttley45.

Before I consign this (hopefully) brief thread derailment to the file marked 'product of a vivid imagination', could one (or more) of you good Mod folk please confirm for us whether or not any of the above-named posters are one and the same person?

(And if so, why haven't you banned their other account yet? :stern look)

The Alt Account Machine was run overnight and the results may upset some.

muttley45 is actually the Ziebull

Grogg is IUB. So he never left

ferball is The Teflon Dean (didn't see that one coming)

Sopwiths is Groin Guru. I mean I know, right?

koshari, Hojuman, Blackshadow, GarnerSmash, andana - all one and the same. One giant circle-jerk I'm afraid.

And this will probably upset you TOD, but you're also Twinkletoes. You have a hide putting a call-out to yourself.

Hope that clears it all up. Alt accounts. Alt accounts everywhere <insert Buzz.jpg>

Remove this Banner Ad

Back