What are you Listening to?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
^ Awesome, awesome band.

And I've spruiked it before, but the book whose title appears on the youtube clip - 'Our Band Could Be Your Life' - is a fine read. Highly recommended.

I expect you have seen this mate, but just in case:

Still listen to The Wonder Stuff on a fairly regular basis. Saw them headlining one of the nights at the Reading Festival I went to back in the 90's and they absolutely freaking killed it. Had a soft spot for them ever since. Pity Miles Hunt will always be the type of person who rhymes with his surname.

Love the Boos! Never really caught on down in this part of the world but a fine band nonetheless.

Kudos for posting.

I expect you have seen this mate, but just in case:

Yep. Very cool doco, Snake. Interviews feature a real who's who of iconic underground/indie-rock types. Two thumbs up.

Such a great band. Took their influences from some of my fave bands (Wire in particular who I'm a HUGE fan of), and then they themselves went on to influence a heap of awesome bands.

Glad they carried on as fireHOSE after D. Boon's death, too. No Minutemen, but still an excellent band.

Have a lot of love for old Mike Watt.

^ Excellent, Ms Sopwiths. Kurt Vile quite recently put me onto John Prine. Because Kurt and I go waaaaaaaaay back.

(And it's totally not because I saw Kurt talking up Prine on the excellent 'What's In My Bag?' series on youtube.)

(Fan of Deerhunter, too, andana. Nice one.)

Sop, this one's for you and your.....kind.

^ Excellent, Ms Sopwiths. Kurt Vile quite recently put me onto John Prine. Because Kurt and I go waaaaaaaaay back.

(And it's totally not because I saw Kurt talking up Prine on the excellent 'What's In My Bag?' series on youtube.)

(Fan of Deerhunter, too, andana. Nice one.)

Sop, this one's for you and your.....kind.

Love it TOD!! What a great little cartooning that goes with it too. Give peas a chance, everyone.

(ooh, and you and the Millencolin guys go waay back too, if I recall correctly....!)

Adalita is one of my kind too - I love this:

What the hell is wrong with them? Haven't they seen 28 Days Later?

(Hey, that would have been a quality segue to playing a clip by the band 28 Days. Sadly, they suck a whole lot.)

I was going to say that semi-coincidentally I was listening to the MD track "Sparrow" today.

But I love this so much (both clip and song) that I'm going to post it instead....

What the hell is wrong with them? Haven't they seen 28 Days Later?

(Hey, that would have been a quality segue to playing a clip by the band 28 Days. Sadly, they suck a whole lot.)

I was going to say that semi-coincidentally I was listening to the MD track "Sparrow" today.

But I love this so much (both clip and song) that I'm going to post it instead....

Nah, that's just if you release primates. Then you get this:

She just released les petits lapins. We'll be okay.

Back