What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Love it, bit like ramstein meets tism. Havnt brwsed this thread for a little while but proves theres goid taste in music as well as afl team in this group. Nice bit of manowar as well. Good to see we are still fighting the World !
I've heard the song described as Right Said Fred and Devo meet in a sex club, and then the guitars kick in.

And on the topic of Rammstein, this song has some chunky riffs and the video has them dressed up in fat suits while a gaggle of sexy lady assistants clean up after them. What's not to love?

I've heard the song described as Right Said Fred and Devo meet in a sex club, and then the guitars kick in.

And on the topic of Rammstein, this song has some chunky riffs and the video has them dressed up in fat suits while a gaggle of sexy lady assistants clean up after them. What's not to love?

I'm a massive fan of Rammstein see see! Seen them live overseas at least 5 times. First time in Koln in 1996 (left there and pretty much headed to the MCG for the GF), Paris in 2012 was simply unforgettable! My go to songs would be Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen (would love to see the boys run onto the ground to this lol) and Acshe zu Asche.

I'm a massive fan of Rammstein see see! Seen them live overseas at least 5 times. First time in Koln in 1996 (left there and pretty much headed to the MCG for the GF), Paris in 2012 was simply unforgettable! My go to songs would be Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen (would love to see the boys run onto the ground to this lol) and Acshe zu Asche.
Rammstein are :handok:

I saw Rammstein at Big Day Out around 2000 or 2001. Was about 40 metres from the stage and when the flames shot up at the front you could feel the heat. Fluent in German too, so always had a soft (hard?) spot for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s real punk.
If I had a time-machine, the first Australian gig I would have raced back to see would have been:

Birthday.jpg

It might be. Don’t know what’s more disturbing, that bloke shagging his guitar or the little twirl the singer was doing. I’ve been off my nut but I don’t know if I’ve ever been that munted
Pardon me, but Tracy Pew was wearing a fishnet singlet, a cowboy hat, a ruffled shirt, and a serial killer moustache while he shagged his bass.

And those were some of the finest little twirls of Nick Cave's career.

One of the greatest products of Caulfield Grammar, that band.

Pardon me, but Tracy Pew was wearing a fishnet singlet, a cowboy hat, a ruffled shirt, and a serial killer moustache while he shagged his bass.

And those were some of the finest little twirls of Nick Cave's career.

One of the greatest products of Caulfield Grammar, that band.

I’ll be honest, Ive watched it a few times now.

Theres more going on in that video than the 13 years of Mount Thomas.

If I had a time-machine, the first Australian gig I would have raced back to see would have been:

Birthday.jpg

Nice.

I saw two out of three back in my youth but missed out on the Birthday Party.

Every single person I know (at least 20) who saw them said it was a life changing experience.

Nice.

I saw two out of three back in my youth but missed out on the Birthday Party.

Every single person I know (at least 20) who saw them said it was a life changing experience.
I saw Nick Cave and the reformed Laughing Clowns at the Mt Buller version of ATP.

It was probably the most enjoyable festival I've ever been to. Free chair lift rides over the main stage, a bottleshop selling reasonably priced alcohol a short walk away.... no surprise when the organisers made a massive loss from the event.

It was obviously 25 years past Nick and Kuepper's mercurial periods. However I do have good memories of standing in line next to Warren Ellis and Nick Cave as they were refused entry into some pop-up nightclub after they'd curated the whole thing.

The Go Betweens I saw at a Tassie festival before I was old enough to appreciate how great they were. :( Would have loved to see them experimenting those Before Hollywood tracks on stage as youngsters.

I saw Nick Cave and the reformed Laughing Clowns at the Mt Buller version of ATP.

It was probably the most enjoyable festival I've ever been to. Free chair lift rides over the main stage, a bottleshop selling reasonably priced alcohol a short walk away.... no surprise when the organisers made a massive loss from the event.

It was obviously 25 years past Nick and Kuepper's mercurial periods. However I do have good memories of standing in line next to Warren Ellis and Nick Cave as they were refused entry into some pop-up nightclub after they'd curated the whole thing.

The Go Betweens I saw at a Tassie festival before I was old enough to appreciate how great they were. :( Would have loved to see them experimenting those Before Hollywood tracks on stage as youngsters.

Good times.

I was the photographer for ATP Buller. ATP asked me at the request of one of the Bad Seeds (I’m not sure if it was Warren or Mick Harvey).

Amazing festival and amazing to photograph. I’ll have a life long memory of being crouched down shooting side of stage next to Ed Kuepper’s amp stack as he launched into Nights in Venice with the original (almost) lineup of The Saints - talk about a wall of sound!

I first saw The Laughing Clowns and Go Betweens circa 1984 and Nick Cave many times over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back