What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a really good track. It was in that Hugh Jackman movie about the fighting robots.

For the longest time I couldn't find it. I knew I'd watch some oddball film and then read about the artist (murdoch) and how he was truly independent of a label - he runs his own business in the music industry pretty much. So I was searching for it with only that info. For me the movie was Away We Go. They basically used him for the whole soundtrack.

For the longest time I couldn't find it. I knew I'd watch some oddball film and then read about the artist (murdoch) and how he was truly independent of a label - he runs his own business in the music industry pretty much. So I was searching for it with only that info. For me the movie was Away We Go. They basically used him for the whole soundtrack.
Never heard of it, I’ll have to check it out. The Hugh Jackman film was Real Steel which was cheesy but I liked it for what it was. I think I ‘Shazammed’ it when I heard it. I like the guitar and the fact it’s slow but still kinda upbeat.

Had it since it was released. It must have got scarce since then. Very good CD.

My fave:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50 years old, and still a masterpiece, remarkable composure by the entire audience cracked me up :

Love old Purple.

You might like this cover mutts, it's pretty groovin' :thumbsu:

Edit: Interesting story about Purple, the legendary Sunbury festival & punching on with AC/DC. The story goes that it was pissing rain and Purple refused to play due to the aforementioned and being the stand up blokes they were, AC/DC said they would go on.

Anyway, as they were walking on stage the Purple roadies started packing all the gear up, Bon Scott and one of AC/DC's road crew strongly objected to such rudeness, words were spoken, punches were thrown & it was on! (According to the history books the ensuing barney was started by the road crew, but according to Angus, it was Bon front and centre.) Not being the biggest fella in the world, our hero was copping a bit of a hammering, so he calls out to a few punters in the front row to give a fellow Australian a bit of a hand against these Pommie w***ers, hahaha. What a legend. In the end Deep Purple did go on and AC/DC never played the gig. That was the last Sunbury festival in 75.

Last edited:
Love old Purple.

You might like this cover mutts, it's pretty groovin' :thumbsu:

Edit: Interesting story about Purple, the legendary Sunbury festival & punching on with AC/DC. The story goes that it was pissing rain and Purple refused to play due to the aforementioned and being the stand up blokes they were, AC/DC said they would go on.

Anyway, as they were walking on stage the Purple roadies started packing all the gear up, Bon Scott and one of AC/DC's road crew strongly objected to such rudeness, words were spoken, punches were thrown & it was on! (According to the history books the ensuing barney was started by the road crew, but according to Angus, it was Bon front and centre.) Not being the biggest fella in the world, our hero was copping a bit of a hammering, so he calls out to a few punters in the front row to give a fellow Australian a bit of a hand against these Pommie w***ers, hahaha. What a legend. In the end Deep Purple did go on and AC/DC never played the gig. That was the last Sunbury festival in 75.

My brother-in-law visible in old Sunbury clips with his skinhead haircut. Was, still is a big Lobby Lloyd fan. Used to live near the Kramer st. hotel. Wild nights he used to tell me mid 70's.

My brother-in-law visible in old Sunbury clips with his skinhead haircut. Was, still is a big Lobby Lloyd fan. Used to live near the Kramer st. hotel. Wild nights he used to tell me mid 70's.
Yeah, he was a huge influence on guys like Thorpie apparently.

Remember a show called GTK on Aunty?

That was my first experience of Lobby Lloyd.

This was the song, a little number I'm sure The Other Dean (being the sharp type of dude he is) would be well familiar with.

This was the song, a little number I'm sure The Other Dean (being the sharp type of dude he is) would be well familiar with.

tenor.gif

Listened to a ton of Lobby Lloyde & The Coloured Balls while I was writing the first book. Unhinged (for its time) in the best way. Brilliant stuff. Bloke is a legend.

Lots of early Acca Dacca and Rose Tatts, too. The latter's first album is a masterpiece, IMO.

Looking forward to sinking my teeth back into this thread after some time away.

(Particularly enjoyed seeing the great Godspeed get a run a few pages back.)

May as well stick another one up while I'm here.

Lobby Lloyd was unreal. Lots of the old 70s crew round here (rip) loved him and got me into him years ago. I'll see if I can find the housing at the festival site. I don't think it's Rolling Meadows cos it's too far from Diggers Rest. The old pub there was a drop off and punch on point according to legend.

Anyway that's one of my all time favourite songs. Too many of those kids are dead now.f

This song ... surely written about our footy club at the time:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back