What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Blasphemy!

(Kidding, ferbs. Many schools of thought on the bolded of course - and the very definition of 'punk' itself - but I get where you're coming from with the whole MC5/Stooges/et al lineage. Although technically Stooges are from Ann Arbor. But I digress.....)

MC5 are probably the first punk band. I dunno of anyone who'd really qualify as earlier.

But imagine growing up in Brisbane in the 60s and 70s. It would be stultifying.

Blasphemy!

(Kidding, ferbs. Many schools of thought on the bolded of course - and the very definition of 'punk' itself - but I get where you're coming from with the whole MC5/Stooges/et al lineage. Although technically Stooges are from Ann Arbor. But I digress.....)

If you post the Saints, you gotta post the Clowns and Ed Kuepper, the genius of both ...

Laughing Clowns didn't invent punk (which was the context of posting the Saints clip), but they do indeed rule.

And just to complete the circle (triangle?).....

The world was better when both these fellas were alive.

Yep.

Along with Schlesinger that makes two significant losses now. Hopefully no more to come.

There's a few music industry notables that currently have it, including our own Thelma Plum. Think she's doing okay though. Jackson Browne likewise, who also has it. Radiohead's Ed O'Brien believes he has it, but hasn't been tested apparently. There's quite a few more.

Anyway, back to the sad loss of the great John Prine.

Recall posting a clip of his not so long ago in this thread. Big fan of his work.

Love this duet from the Letterman show with My Morning Jacket's Jim James.

All the best, JP.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how old footage of the Fab Four still makes you smile. I loved watching a couple of these.
In my cerebral self, Lennon will always be my fave, but in my heart self, it's George all the way.

Such an awesome tribute from Ringo:

And from George to John:

Song for Covid19:

And an awesomely uplifting, silly blast from the past. (And what's wrong with that?)
Thanks Paul. :heart:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back