What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Likewise.

New Bob. Angry Bob.

Released last week. Written a couple of years ago but perhaps even more relevant circa now.

(Shout out to Jon Wurster from Superchunk on drums!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, lockdown 2 Electric Boogaloo is sorted ...
071FEADA-F791-4599-A018-D7EC02F3D5D2.jpeg

Turns out for dilettantes like me this is a slightly weird book. It’s a gig book, so the B♭ one is just transcriptions from concert pitch, no allowances for what keys are convenient for B♭ instruments. It’s not a student playalong book. Like, I thought cool I’ll look up Take Five, that would be fun to play but because the original was an alto sax piece - an E♭ instrument - the B♭ transcription is in F minor (4 flats, for those keeping score at home) so basically unplayable for me. Still, it’s got the heads of hundreds of great jazz tunes and the chord progressions to go with them So I can try and figure out some solos. Many hours of fun to be had with this.

Another sad passing this year....not sure if it's been mentioned (apologies if it has).....

Talented guitarist, David Roback, passed away from cancer in February. He's best known for his work with Hope Sandoval in Mazzy Star, but was also a driving force in some other quality bands, namely the pre-Mazzy Star incarnation, Opal, influential Paisley Underground band, The Rain Parade, and indie 'supergroup' of sorts, Rainy Day.

The man did good work and will be missed. Vale.

Vocals by Susanna Hoffs (from the Bangles)....

I'm no Post Malone fan but this was pretty bloody awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back