What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Daft Punk called it quits today. :(

Hold on
If love is the answer, you're home. :musicnotes:🤖🤖🎼

The album Alive was pretty much my crews soundtrack in 2007/8. We were up in Byron running amok. There was a cyclone off the coast so it rained for weeks and the swell was so crazy that the beach was closed. We stayed at a caravan park just outside of Byron and it went off every night. So much fun.

The album Alive was pretty much my crews soundtrack in 2007/8. We were up in Byron running amok. There was a cyclone off the coast so it rained for weeks and the swell was so crazy that the beach was closed. We stayed at a caravan park just outside of Byron and it went off every night. So much fun.

That's awesome Val - one of those albums you will forever associate with a particular time in your life. I love how music does that. It can be such a time machine for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great song koshari - ELO is one of my "time machine" bands. Whenever I hear them I flash back to riding in my aunt's Barracuda as a kid, going with her to take her new lab puppy to the vets for his first visit. She was the best aunt ever - the "crazy" aunt that hopefully everyone has one. The one who let you stay up all night and watch horror movies when she babysat you. The one with cool cars and lots of dogs. And later horses, that she took you riding with. The one who would sing at the top of her lungs to the songs she loved.

Anyway, ELO always flashes me back to riding with aunt Val, and her singing at the top of her lungs, ELO cranked at 11 to this song, windows down in the summertime (yeah, it was circa Xanadu! haha.) and the puppy Bart was carsick the whole way. He must have puked about 6 times. And Val had a roll of paper towels, and each time the puppy puked I caught it in the paper towel and we put it on the dash. There was no pulling over, no stopping. That's not how Val lived. By the time we got to the vet the dashboard was lined with rolls of puppy throw up. Weirdly, one of my best childhood memories. My aunt was my hero as a kid. I wanted to be just like her.

This was the song we were singing that day. Could probably use a bit of this post-Covid.

Thanks for taking me back koshari! Time machines.:thumbsu:

Great song koshari - ELO is one of my "time machine" bands. Whenever I hear them I flash back to riding in my aunt's Barracuda as a kid, going with her to take her new lab puppy to the vets for his first visit. She was the best aunt ever - the "crazy" aunt that hopefully everyone has one. The one who let you stay up all night and watch horror movies when she babysat you. The one with cool cars and lots of dogs. And later horses, that she took you riding with. The one who would sing at the top of her lungs to the songs she loved.

Anyway, ELO always flashes me back to riding with aunt Val, and her singing at the top of her lungs, ELO cranked at 11 to this song, windows down in the summertime (yeah, it was circa Xanadu! haha.) and the puppy Bart was carsick the whole way. He must have puked about 6 times. And Val had a roll of paper towels, and each time the puppy puked I caught it in the paper towel and we put it on the dash. There was no pulling over, no stopping. That's not how Val lived. By the time we got to the vet the dashboard was lined with rolls of puppy throw up. Weirdly, one of my best childhood memories. My aunt was my hero as a kid. I wanted to be just like her.

This was the song we were singing that day. Could probably use a bit of this post-Covid.

Thanks for taking me back koshari! Time machines.:thumbsu:

Must say i have only really been giving ELO and the Yardbirds fair airplay recently as i have been going back over the 70s back catalogs, there are a lot of bands that were awesome but were somewhat over shadowed by some even more awesome bands of the time, i think ELO and yardbirds fit this category, even The Who were some what over shadowed by the rolling stones and Co of the day.

Jeff Lynne was really a very talented musician, and its like a fusion of the Beatles with some Bee Gees influences later. of course he was a big part of the Traveling Wilburys as well.

which beggers the question where are the great bands of today?

While we're on time machines, song for my dad. He wasn't a Queen fan, but he always loved this one. I love it too.

i can see why he saw a clear distinction between Queen (even with Queens real divisive catalog this one sits even further left of center) and this song, for mine it has traces of style that hint to john denver with minute traces of the seekers.

Must say i have only really been giving ELO and the Yardbirds fair airplay recently as i have been going back over the 70s back catalogs, there are a lot of bands that were awesome but were somewhat over shadowed by some even more awesome bands of the time, i think ELO and yardbirds fit this category, even The Who were some what over shadowed by the rolling stones and Co of the day.

Jeff Lynne was really a very talented musician, and its like a fusion of the Beatles with some Bee Gees influences later. of course he was a big part of the Traveling Wilburys as well.

which beggers the question where are the great bands of today?

And the trivia fact ?

Founding ELO with Jeff Lynne ?

Just discovered Cheersquad Records on bandcamp. I can see this getting expensive - have already ordered the Chris Wilson Live at the Continental vinyl reissue. The Meanies, Even, and Snout all look like a good chance of coming into some of my money.

Also if you're interested in supporting good local jazz, Lion's Share Records, also on bandcamp, has a good catalogue. Mostly Julien Wilson's own stuff but also helps out some of his mates with their releases. "Stock" from last year is really, really good, and I am currently very much digging the John Scurry stuff.

And the trivia fact ?

Founding ELO with Jeff Lynne ?

wonder if he was the influance of ace freehleys face makeup?

i have to say i have experianced the old runnaway hay bale personally, taking one up to the shed i had the rear forks a bit low executed a bit of a sloppy gear change, nekminit said bale was rolling down the hill, all you can really do is stand back and hope like hell it dont take out anything major on the way down the hill, fortunately mine bounced of a few fence posts an came to rest against a thick fencepost at bottom of the drive. quick look round to see nobody saw my stuff up, into reverse down the drive, reload bale and play on,

neighbors were not so fortunate , they had one this season go through the fence and rest in the dam, they still havnt got it out yet.

1614651636512.png

Last edited:
wonder if he was the influance of ace freehleys face makeup?

i have to say i have experianced the old runnaway hay bale personally, taking one up to the shed i had the rear forks a bit low executed a bit of a sloppy gear change, nekminit said bale was rolling down the hill, all you can really do is stand back and hope like hell it dont take out anything major on the way down the hill, fortunately mine bounced of a few fence posts an came to rest against a thick fencepost at bottom of the drive. quick look round to see nobody saw my stuff up, into reverse down the drive, reload bale and play on,

neighbors were not so fortunate , they had one this season go through the fence and rest in the dam, they still havnt got it out yet.

View attachment 1068245

In Korea they wrap them in white plastic. She calls them " marshmallows "

In Korea they wrap them in white plastic. She calls them " marshmallows "
you might find that is silage? we have both hay and silage. with hay if its rolled tight enough just netting on the outside is enough to preserve it, you then store it end to end to preserve the ends which are accessable to the weather. having said that wouldnt suprice me if it was a bale of silage that took out old mate, its far heavier due to the moisture content.

1614656579520.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back