What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Beth Hart too, pretty sure i posted this clip a few years ago in the covers better than original thread, but still a great watch :

She started popping up in my YouTube feed a lot and I had no idea why till now. Must have watched the clips you lot posted during my benzo haze. She’s awesome. She’s so captivating.

Last edited:
Have been giving Turbonegro a bit of a workout since the death of former lead singer Hank Von Hell.

What an awesome band in their prime. Big props to lead guitarist Euroboy - an absolute guitar god.

I left the first couple of minutes of the crowd in, man I miss that anticipation before a band takes to the stage and Turbonegro just hit it.

Hang in for the second song on this clip Get it On

Always a highlight of a Turbonegro show - I Got Erection

OK, I had a go at this as a dedicated thread a couple of years ago and it went ok. It's the start of December, so it's year-end list season.

NMBF Music Advent Calendar

One post per day from the 1st to 25th Dec on something meaningful in music this year. First in best dressed each day, start your post with "2021 advent day x". The Other Dean is allowed to participate but is not going to do the heavy lifting:

New music that came out that you love.
Music that was new to you.
Artists who left us this year.
Notable gigs.
Do you play? Stuff you played.
Anything else that is especially relevant to your experience of music this year.

2021 advent day 1: Post-lockdown gigs at the NSC

Was fortunate enough to get to a couple of gigs at the Northcote Social Club between lockdowns this year.

Darren Hanlon came through town after lockdown 3 and I had the pleasure of seeing his gig with Deano. A more charming, affable performer it's hard to imagine. "Lapsed Catholic" came out as a single this year but it looks like he's still working on getting the new album released.

Icecream Hands are just about the perfect act for that size bandroom. "No Weapon But Love" came out last year but they toured it this year. It's as good as anything they've done previously. This was also the first pub gig I took my son to when he turned 18. Tons of fun.

2021 advent day 1: Post-lockdown gigs at the NSC

Was fortunate enough to get to a couple of gigs at the Northcote Social Club between lockdowns this year.

Darren Hanlon came through town after lockdown 3 and I had the pleasure of seeing his gig with Deano. A more charming, affable performer it's hard to imagine. "Lapsed Catholic" came out as a single this year but it looks like he's still working on getting the new album released.

Icecream Hands are just about the perfect act for that size bandroom. "No Weapon But Love" came out last year but they toured it this year. It's as good as anything they've done previously. This was also the first pub gig I took my son to when he turned 18. Tons of fun.

Ted Nugent was on JRE today, my god he’s as mad as a cut snake, like legit probably has undiagnosed mental health issues, but the lunatic can play a guitar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Music Advent day two.

I'd never heard of this band before this year. This song is a few years old obviously.

Then I found out the lead singer died a few years ago from a stroke. At 37! s**t.

Here they are covering a Skrewdriver song. LOL.

Music Advent day two.

I'd never heard of this band before this year. This song is a few years old obviously.

Then I found out the lead singer died a few years ago from a stroke. At 37! sh*t.

Here they are covering a Skrewdriver song. LOL.

Energetic. Not what you normally expect to see on Beale St. Nice one.

Just home from the You Am I & Magic Dirt gig at The Corner. Pretty solid gig. Drank a reasonable amount of beer. Uber surcharges are a crime.
First You Am I gig I’ve been to where there was no encore. To be fair, Magic Dirt were probably best band on the ground.
Led me to think, mid gig, of the times the support band were better than the headliner. First response was a solo Josh Ritter outshining Martha Wainwright and band at the Northcote Social Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back