What are you listening to ?

hulkhogan1

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Man U, PSG, Victory, Real Madrid,
Do you throw down at shows? sweet you going to Terror sidewave?
I used to, last time I did was at First Blood.

I might go dude, just depends on what other sideshows are on. I prefer my Metal over Hardcore (still love it though), like if Korn were playing the same night as Terror, I'd go to Korn. Either way I'll be seeing Terror that week no doubt.

I have a slight feeling we may know of each other haha.

I'm a bit rubbish when it comes to paying attention to song lyrics on new albums I get. Especially towards the end of an album...

Anyhoo I'm sitting on the train home from work listening to the new Franz Ferdinand album. The song 'Brief encounters' comes on my ipod. I catch myself humming away and absent-mindedly murmuring the lyric 'car keys, choose your keys' over and over.

Then it clicks.

It's a song about swinging.

I stop immediately, and nervously look around the train, to check no one has noticed...

Felt like a bit of a tool to be honest.

Mar 14, 2007
MCG
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders San Jose Sharks
I used to, last time I did was at First Blood.

I might go dude, just depends on what other sideshows are on. I prefer my Metal over Hardcore (still love it though), like if Korn were playing the same night as Terror, I'd go to Korn. Either way I'll be seeing Terror that week no doubt.

I have a slight feeling we may know of each other haha.

ah yer fair enough, its such a good week but if you have clashes it sucks aye. Possibly haha.

Sike your mind line up looks good, hopefully i can make the Saturday, havent seen Relentless for a while.

hulkhogan1

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
ah yer fair enough, its such a good week but if you have clashes it sucks aye. Possibly haha.

Sike your mind line up looks good, hopefully i can make the Saturday, havent seen Relentless for a while.
I'm definitely going to the Saturday! I might go to the Sunday one but it doesn't appeal to me all that much apart from Warbrain and Outsiders Code. I'll see you there then!

Bump!

So, I downloaded the new Interpol album today (El Pintor). I've been a fan since the beginning, however their last two albums haven't quite captured me the same way that Turn on the Bright Lights and Antics did.

Anyhoo, I was in London a couple of months ago and caught a gig they played there, where they previewed some of the new songs (in among the classics) and it's fair to say that I've been sitting in quiet anticipation ever since. It's a good return to form.

You're not going to get an unbiased review from me - I have a massive man-crush on Paul Banks (don't tell Harry O) - so all I'm going to say is that I've listened to it about 5 times today already and I'm loving it.

Slightly-depressive NYC indie-rock for the MFC supporter.

hulkhogan1

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Bump!

So, I downloaded the new Interpol album today (El Pintor). I've been a fan since the beginning, however their last two albums haven't quite captured me the same way that Turn on the Bright Lights and Antics did.

Anyhoo, I was in London a couple of months ago and caught a gig they played there, where they previewed some of the new songs (in among the classics) and it's fair to say that I've been sitting in quiet anticipation ever since. It's a good return to form.

You're not going to get an unbiased review from me - I have a massive man-crush on Paul Banks (don't tell Harry O) - so all I'm going to say is that I've listened to it about 5 times today already and I'm loving it.

Good band Benwah :cool:

hulkhogan1

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams

First time seeing them was '08 with Machine Head, saw them again three times in 2012 and saw them the other month at Soundwave. They never disappoint, new album is tops.

I know you're all going to call me a pop music idiot, but the new Lorde album is something else. She is insanely talented.

eskimo

All Australian
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bump!

I'm so disappointed. I love the early Interpol albums. Planned a trip to the states for October this year. Interpol announce they are doing an anniversary show for TOTBL. Check the dates and when they're in LA I'm in New York and when I'm in New York they're in LA. So disappointed. I saw them at the Metro of all places on the back of Antics coming out and it's still one of my favourite shows of all time.

DeesFanTheMan

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs, NUFC
Mate of mine put me onto Tyler Childers "Our Vinyl Sessions" Country singer from America. Has a gritty cool sound, I am digging it.

Leaps & Bounds - Paul Kelly
Good song to get you in the footy mindset. Got an album of "going your own way" which was Paul Kelly and Neil Finn doing a concert together of all their songs. Has a very solid version of Leaps & Bounds

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Ablett2Garland

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2015
10 Beers deep with Steven May
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks, Oakland Raiders
I’m listening to lots of music at the moment

For those into Rap and like real bars non of that mainstream s**t

I recommend the following
Czarface, all albums
Apathy, his newest stuff is straight fire
Merkules, all albums but his latest showed is real growth and versatility

I’ve been on a Synthwave kick lately. Check out Newretrowave

Recommend Artists
The Midnight
Robert Parker
Kalax
Orax
Waveshaper
Alex
Daniel Deluxe

Synthwave good stuff. I like the band 'Survive' they did the soundtrack for 'Stranger Things'

Synthwave good stuff. I like the band 'Survive' they did the soundtrack for 'Stranger Things'
Synthwave and retro electro are very good, underrated genres of music. I went on a binge for a month a long while back when i discovered it. I do enjoy HOME's work.

* it! time to do another Synth Stint

Back