What Are You Listening To?

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the Astor last week and saw Suzanne Vega. Went along with not much expectation. Knew a few of her songs but never really listened to an album of hers. Anyway we were blown away. A couple of years ago she re-did basically her whole collection with a fellow name Gerry Leonard who also did guitars for Bowie's latest album.

It was just Suzanne and Gerry on stage and he used a neat setup of distortion and looping to flesh it out incredibly. The music filled the air like a pink Floyd concert and blew us away. Below is the two of them doing a great song.

Sad news for those who liked the Ramones...

Ramones drummer Tommy Ramone dies age 65
July 12, 2014 - 4:19PM

Ramones drummer Tommy Ramone has died, the band says.

"We are saddened to announce the passing of Ramones founding drummer Tommy (Erdelyi) Ramone. #RIPTommy Ramone," the band announced on its official Twitter account.

The band, founded in New York in 1974, had a major influence on punk rock in the US.
All members of the band adopted the surname Ramone although they weren't related.

Tommy Ramone, whos real name was Tommy Erdelyi, was the last surviving member of the original four Ramones​

Tommy was easily the most engaging, happy and musically driven of the Ramones, and used to be just seen (by both my American mates and my Aussie mates) as just a bit older than us, almost a contemporary - not an old bag like Jagger or McCartney, and definitely someone who would still be around and belting it out when we hit 50.

None of the originals left all of a sudden.

Geez I feel old today.

In honour of multicultural week. Dude smokes a pipe like a boss.

Last edited:

E Shed are you familiar with these guys? Rodrigo y Gabriela - Mexican guitar duo.

Heard them on RTR last week and looked them up tonight. Quality stuff.

(And look out for the cute accent @ 13:10 if you're as shallow as me)

No I've given up trying to stay current with anything, too much music out there! I listen to RTR and whatever comes down the airwaves from them :)
Saw a cool band playing outside Little Creatures yesterday just by chance, complete throw back 70's psychedelia following the the Pond, Tame Impala lineage I assume.
Looks interesting what you posted above, will give it a listen.

E Shed are you familiar with these guys? Rodrigo y Gabriela - Mexican guitar duo.

Oooh yes they played at Southbound a few years back. Bloody amazing guitar skills. They had a few extras on stage for it though. They pulled almost as big a crowd as the headliners.

Saw these guys in Belfast about 8 years ago. Amazing gig. The sound they can get out of 2 guitars and a stomp box is just incredible. I especially love their version of Stairway to Heaven

Here's my contribution to the thread. The great, Rory Gallagher :)

(special mention to the bass solo at 4.55)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Rock or Bust" drops in the same week as the Draft.

Walking around with headphones on and eyes glued to my IPAD.....not in the good books with Mrs Peabody.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back